Reasons to Love Coffee

Reasons to Love Coffee

10 benefits of drinking coffee, please enjoy a cup while reading.
62

If you're like me, then you cannot make it through your day, let alone your morning without a cup of joe. It is essential to me and most likely to you, too. Coffee lovers like myself are probably sick of everyone telling us how bad coffee is for your health; it stains your teeth, you get a poor night's sleep, blah blah blah. I am finally giving you 10 reasons to love your 1 to 2 cups of coffee a day.

1. Coffee improves your energy levels.

Well duh... it not only makes you human again but really it gives you a good heaping supply of caffeine to get you going, specifically to your brain. Rather than getting in line for Starbucks at 7 a.m. wait until 9:30 or 10 a.m. to have your first cup. Doctors have pointed out that early mornings are the worst time to drink coffee because it disrupts your natural circadian rhythms (the way we naturally feel alert), according to the washingtonpost.com. So, wait on that coffee until you know you will benefit.

2. Coffee helps you lose weight.

Studies have shown that coffee can increase fat burning in the body and boost your metabolic rate (authoritynutrition.com). Caffeine is a natural substance that can help with weight loss, so good news if you're getting ready for spring break!

3. Coffee has a positive effect on your liver.

Your liver most likely could use some positivity if you're in college, and thankfully coffee is here to help. It has been shown in research that coffee may protect against cirrhosis of the liver. The hangover cure we've all been searching for literally may be just a cup of coffee.

4. Coffee may cut melanoma risk.

Melanoma is a tumor associated with skin cancer. In recent studies, coffee drinkers have had a decreased rate of developing the tumor. The study was published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute. Researchers don’t suggest by any means that you change your coffee routine, but to keep in mind it is just an added benefit. Remember to always wear sunscreen when you're open to sun exposure!

5. Coffee can prevent heart disease and stroke.

A cup a day may counter several risk factors for heart attack and stroke. It has been linked to lower risks for heart rhythm disturbances and gives women a lower risk of a stroke (webmd.com).

6. Coffee has positive affects on memory.

Caffeine increases the level of neurotransmitter called acetylcholine. This is associated with learning and memory (stylecraze.com). Another reason to bring coffee to class.

7. Coffee can improve your skin.

Many skincare companies are now incorporating caffeine in their range of skincare products. Caffeine in your daily skin care routine can give you even-toned and smooth skin. Also great for getting rid of those dark under eye circles (stylecraze.com).

8. Coffee may make you happier.

It appears that it may lower your risk of developing depression symptoms (authoritynutrition.com). If you're one of those people that get excited when you press brew on your Keurig, now you know why.

9. Coffee is a great source of antioxidants.

It contains a massive amount of antioxidants. Studies have shown that people get more antioxidants from coffee than both fruits and vegetables (authoritynutrition.com). Coffee can be one of the healthiest beverages on Earth if you drink it black.

10. Caffeine can improve your physical stamina.

Coffee stimulates the nervous system which makes our bodies ready for physical activity and it can help you perform longer (healthauthority.com). Have a strong cup of coffee an hour before the gym and you may have a better workout.