8 Reasons Why I Am Thankful For Christmas

Only seven more Fridays until the best holiday of the year.

150

It is officially November 1st, which means it's Christmas season. To all of you that are offended by this statement, I apologize in advance for skipping over Thanksgiving but I'm still here to give thanks. There is so much to be grateful for during this wonderful holiday season, even if you're more of a Thanksgiving person.

Here are eight reasons I'm thankful for the Christmas season:

1. The Decorations

Decorating a tree and the rest of the house gets you into the holiday spirit and gets you a lot more excited for Christmas. Christmas lights alone are so fun to look at. You can go through state parks where they set up lights or even local neighborhoods.

2. Spending Time With Family And Friends

You get to spend time with your direct family once you get home, but you also get to see all of your distant relatives. If your family is anything like mine, it is always an experience when everyone is together. Also, you get to see your friends and catch up with them and their college experiences. What's better than getting to hang out with your friends from home during a long but well-deserved break?

3. Winter Break

It's one of the longest breaks college students get which makes it so much better. You get to sleep in your own bed, stay up as late as you want, and don't have to stress about any assignments being due.

4. It Gets Cold

... Most of the time. Depending on where you live, typically this is the time of the year where it really starts to get cold. You can wear fuzzy socks and oversized sweatshirts unless you live in South Carolina. Then there's a chance it could sunny and 75 degrees.

5. The Music

Christmas music is the best, especially when you play it during the Christmas season. The classics, like "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree," are a go-to but who doesn't love Justin Bieber's "Under The Mistletoe" Christmas Album?

6. Church Service

Christmas church service is always a welcoming and warming one. There are typically always more people that attend that service, so you get to see people you haven't seen in a while. Also, everyone is celebrating the reason for the whole holiday: the birth of Jesus.

7. Giving And Receiving Gifts

Giving presents to your close friends, doing gift exchange games, or receiving gifts from your family is all so fun and makes memories you'll remember for years.

8. Home Cooked Meals

Honestly, Thanksgiving is good and all but Christmas lunch/dinner is where it's at. The home cooking doesn't stop there either, you could probably get one or two more meals cooked depending on how many times you celebrate with your family. Of course, there are leftovers for days too.