No, I Still Don't Party, And Here Is Why

It just isn't for me.

47

A while back, I wrote an article about how I skipped the party phase, but now people keep asking me why I don’t like to go out to the bars or parties every weekend. The truth is there are a few reasons why I don’t like to party and why I’m sure other people don’t like to party as well.

1. I always get stuck being the sober mom friend.

I don’t have a problem being the mom friend and taking care of everyone, but try being the sober mom friend taking care of about 6 of your drunk friends. It’s not a fun experience trying to convince them all at 3:00 a.m. that it’s time to go home.

2. The bars are always packed.

I don’t think people realize exactly how much of an introvert I am, so they don’t realize that being in a room so full that it is impossible to find a place to sit down or even move is not how I would ideally like to spend my night.

3. People won’t leave you alone.

I don’t have a problem with someone coming up and having a conversation with me, but when that person is drunk it doesn’t really count as a conversation. In fact, I would just call it an annoyance I could have avoided if I had stayed home.

4. It’s going to take awhile to get a drink.

Because the place is so packed, the line to the bar is going to be ridiculously long to get a drink. Do you know how long the line is to get a glass of wine from my kitchen? That’s right, there isn’t one.

5. I will be dragged from bar to bar until the wee hours of the morning.

Because apparently going to one bar wasn’t enough, but five bars is the perfect amount. Not to mention the fact we have to wait in a line to get in outside in the cold, and we will be doing this long after I wanted to be in bed.

6. I always feel the need to make sure everyone gets home.

Between convincing these people they are drunk and then convincing them it’s time to go home after that, it is a lot more work than you would think and takes a lot of time.

7. Everyone wants to go after I get off work.

At that point I’ve been on my feet all day and dealing with people I didn’t want to deal with. The only thing I want to do is go home.

8. We have to walk everywhere.

We can’t drive for obvious reasons, and it is at least 2 miles from my apartment. That isn’t exactly a trek I want to make in the dark with a bunch of people who aren’t completely aware.

9. I don’t see the point of blacking out.

Honestly, can someone please tell me what the point is of having a good time if you can’t remember it?

Personally, I believe these are very valid reasons to not want to go out to the bars or to party. But a big part of the reason I don’t like to party is because it isn’t the kind of person I am. If someone enjoys going out then good for them, it’s just not for me.