You Are Here For A Reason

You Are Here For A Reason

Take life one day at a time and remind yourself that it wouldn't be interesting if there weren't surprises.

27
You Are Here For A Reason
She's Wicked Healthy

We were all put on this Earth for a reason. Somehow, someway. I know what I believe, but I don’t know what you do. However, sometimes I even question my beliefs. Why? I don’t know. I guess it’s because of all the uncertainties that are located in this world. You never know what to expect. Someone can be right by your side and then in a simple night be erased from it for the rest of your future. We could have just met someone, not known their story, and then in a week they’re gone, and you wish you could’ve done something to save them. You could be working for something your whole life and one person’s decision changes your fate.

I know and trust in what I believe in, but everyone on this Earth has doubts. They are inevitable, just as sin. So why were we put here? There are days where I feel like the most worthless individual and I think that there is absolutely no purpose for my living breath. But then I stop and think. I think about the people I met recently; how different would their lives be if I weren’t there? I think about my friends; who would they laugh and cry with? I think about my family; who would they call to? I think about my peers, classmates, teachers; all of their lives would be changed drastically if I weren’t alive. Think about it. If you weren’t here, your eighth grade teacher wouldn’t have had to stop class because you couldn’t stop laughing with your best friend. Someone else would’ve qualified for the finals you did. Your mom wouldn’t have a child to comfort when you felt like your world was crashing down when that person close to you took their final breath. Every single thing in everyone’s life would be different if you weren’t here.

It’s insane to believe this, but it’s true; and this is the reason my faith stays so strong. There’s a reason that you felt your world crash down maybe once or twice. There’s a reason you were in a boot for six weeks because you could no longer walk. There’s a reason you went to the school you weren’t supposed to go to. There’s a reason you were pushed ahead to skip a grade. There’s a reason you were put in a classroom with a teacher you couldn’t understand. There’s a reason you got into that car accident. There’s a reason you went and helped at the homeless shelter. There’s a reason that the stranger spoke kind words to you. There’s a reason that someone you once were so close to won’t speak to you anymore.

These things happen because of what God has in store for all of us.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11.

The world is His, not ours. We need to stop trying to fix our problems ourselves. We need to begin to realize that should be still and trust what He has planned for us. We need to stop and think about what we are doing before we do it. We need to stop conforming to the sinful world we live in. This last one has been extremely hard for me since arriving to school. I want to conform to the world, we all do. It’s a habit we have, we are consumed with sinful doings. But we need to learn to trust in the Lord that brought us to the Earth he created. We need to disregard all of the devil’s temptations to drag us away from him, including the theories of the big bang and evolution.

Life is worth living. Every single one of you has a purpose and a reason to take thousands of breaths each day. We may not know what it is now, and we may be confused, but do we really need to have our whole lives planned? What’s the fun if you don’t have any surprises?