A Real Thank You Letter To My College Friends

I am grateful for your love and for that top you let me borrow.

22

College friends are different than any other kinds of friends. You see them when you wake up, fall asleep when they do, and spend so much time in between together that you begin to forget that they are friends and not actual family. But, whatever you consider them, you definitely have reason to thank them. Yes, they accept you and are always there for you, but let’s be real – there are so many other reasons to thank these wonderful humans. So, to all my “college friends,” I know I haven't thanked you guys enough over the last nine months, so here you go:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your closets. Because of you, I somehow have managed to look at least decent on nights out, have avoided buying a single new dress all year, and have always had outfits for themed parties available to me. I think that the fact that we are the same size just goes to show that we are meant to be together. Now, if someone could just explain to me why my clothes always look better on you, I would appreciate it greatly.

courtesy of giphy.com

I appreciate you and all of your snacks. Whether it was that Starbucks you surprised me with, the cookies your mom sent you, or that time you used your meal plan to get me some Chick-Fil-A, please know that I appreciate your kind generosity. Food really is the way to the heart, and for that, I love you.

courtesy of giphy.com

Thank you for yelling at me when I needed to go to the gym. Sometimes, when I’m lying on my bed and haven’t been to the gym in days, sugar coating it really, truly isn’t going to help anyone. But, I could always count on you for your tough love. So, thank you for yelling at me to get up and telling me I had to go. (I know that was primarily because you didn’t want to walk all the way there by yourself, but still, I appreciate the push.)

courtesy of giphy.com

I am so grateful to have someone who only posts pictures we both approve of. You get it. You know which side of my hair I like better, you write perfect captions, and you know what doesn’t have to be caught on camera. Thank you for always showing me in the best light.

courtesy of giphy.com

Thank you for dragging me to the library regardless of how much I protested. Sort of like the case with the gym, you know how to tell it to me like it is. When I say “ugh I don’t want to” you know that if you start listing all of my upcoming assignments that I will eventually succumb and go with you. Again, you only did this because you can’t reserve a study room for one person, but nonetheless my GPA thanks you.

courtesy of giphy.com

I am so lucky that you remember the people who I forget. Having you is like having a Google for people on campus. Even though I’m pretty good with names and faces, you’re my go-to person when I see that girl waving to me in the library and for the life of me cannot remember her name. You’re the best at seeing my creepy snapchats, or reading my “what’s the name of the girl with the hair, who wore that outfit, who was with that guy?” texts and being able to answer right in time.

courtesy of giphy.com

Thanks for not getting *too* sick of me. We spend a lot of time together, and I don’t know how you do it, but you keep doing it day after day, and I love that. I am eternally grateful that you are such a wonderful person that you somehow manage to put up with my crazy self every day. You mean the world to me, so thank you.

courtesy of giphy.com

Other things to be thankful for: Switching my laundry that one time, getting rid of that guy at parties, curling my hair for me, doing my makeup, waking me up for class, and so much more.

I love you guys.