Read This If You're Struggling Right Now

Because sometimes you just need a good pep talk.

1773

Hey you. I know how you feel. You feel like you’re so overwhelmed and stressed with everything that you question why you even try. You wonder why you’re doing the things you’re doing, why you’re here and not there, and when you’ll finally get a break from it all. This whole life thing is harder than we thought it would be, isn’t it?

I understand and know exactly what you’re going through. The worst part about it is that sometimes you don’t know if others can tell you’re struggling. You put on a happy face and go through your day, but inside you’re hurting and wanting someone to notice and ask if you’re okay. Well, I noticed. I noticed and I care. So here’s what I have to say to you.

You’re so worth it. It’s unbelievable how worth it you are. And these things will pass. You’re not going to remember the bad grade you got on a paper or that fight you got in with a friend a year from now. Life goes on and is constantly forcing us to grow and to change without us even realizing it. So, please don’t think that what you’re going through now defines who you are. What defines you is how you conquer your struggles, so don’t drown in them. Keep fighting.

Take things a day at a time. If we look at the big picture sometimes it causes us to get overwhelmed. Make a to-do list and check things off one by one. These are baby steps, but they are baby steps that are getting you closer to your goals and your dreams. A little progress day by day is better than no progress at all. In the midst of these steps, reward yourself. Do things that make you happy. Go to your favorite coffee stand and get yourself a drink, watch that episode of Netflix you just can’t seem to find time for, or maybe take a nap. Give yourself something to look forward to, and I promise it’ll make these dark days a little brighter.

And guess what? Even if they don’t say it, people appreciate you. So keep being kind and keep doing what you do. People have a funny way of being caught up in their own problems and they don’t realize what’s right in front of them. But they appreciate you and they love you. Don’t think for a second that they don’t.

You’re beautiful, you’re smart, and you matter. I’m sorry that you’re struggling, but I have never met a strong person who hasn’t overcome some kind of hardship. You will be better for this, even if it doesn’t seem like it right now. Even if all you can see is the bad, I promise there is some good. Sometimes you just have to look for it.

And if none of that worked, look at this puppy. It has a heart on it.