Raiders Trade Amari Cooper

The Oakland Raiders have continued their odd season and sent their former #1 receiver to America's team, the Dallas Cowboys. The Raiders got plenty of slack at the beginning of the season for sending Khalil Mack to the Bears for two first round picks, but this trade is a win for the Raiders.

The Raiders were reportedly offered a second round pick for Cooper by the Philadelphia Eagles, but capitalized on Dallas' lack of depth at WR and got more in return.

Over the past two seasons, Cooper has led the NFL in dropped passes and hasn't looked like the same Pro-Bowl receiver we once saw. So far in this season, Cooper has only 280 yards on 22 receptions and only one touchdown.

The Raiders as a team has continued to struggle at 1-5, so Jon Gruden and co. are looking towards the future in the NFL Draft.

The Raiders will now have five first-round picks in the next two draft's and it is looking like Gruden is going to try to build the Raiders his way instead of improving the team given before the move to Las Vegas.

The Oakland situation is looking very similar to the Rams and their move to Los Angeles, as once they relocated they really tried to uphaul the roster.

With Cooper gone, the number one option for Raiders QB Derek Carr looks to be his tight end, Jared Cook.

Cook has been a matchup nightmare so far for DB's being too big for typical speed corners and too fast for the linebackers in coverage. Cook has racked up 400 yards and two touchdowns on 32 receptions and has come into his own as a blocking tight end as well.

Along with Cook, the Raiders will now have to lean heavily on former Packer Jordy Nelson and Martavis Bryant if he's not suspended for drug use.

This certainly isn't looking good for Oakland in their final year as Marshawn Lynch has already been placed on IR as well. The positive will be that if the Raiders are one of the league's worst teams that their draft picks will be a high one.