11 Quotes About Falling In Love And Knowing When It's Real
relationships

When you know, you just know.

248
https://unsplash.com/photos/cAtzHUz7Z8g
Tim Marshall via Unsplash

Love is an amazing feeling that can be tricky to navigate at times, and it can happen when you least expect it. Falling in love can be scary for many because you're being vulnerable with someone and putting your heart on the line-- we all yearn to love and be loved back. There is no set time frame or rule book that determines when you should say the words "I love you," or when to start exclusively dating; every couple is in control of their love story. When you find someone who is at the same level of trust, commitment, and love- the possibilities for this newfound passion to grow are endless. Here are 11 quotes about falling in love and knowing when it's real.

1. "The key is falling in love with something, anything. If your heart's attached to it, then your mind will be attached to it." - Vera Wang

2. "I can't explain chemistry. I really can't. I haven't got a clue what it's all about. It just happens. It's like falling in love. You can't explain why you fall in love or explain why it's this particular person." - Elaine Stritch

3. "When you fall head over heels for someone, you're not falling in love with who they are as a person; you're falling in love with your idea of love." - Elisabeth Rohm

4. "There's a big difference between falling in love and being in love. There's a big difference between infatuation and falling in love." - Phil McGraw

5. "When you feel a connection, a gut connection, a heart connection, it's a very special thing. What's familiar to everyone is watching people falling in love; it doesn't happen on screen that often. People fall in lust, then they're suddenly together." - Alfre Woodard

6. "There's nothing wrong with falling in love and sharing your life with someone." - Lily James

7. "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person." - Mignon McLaughlin

8. "Falling in love consists merely in uncorking the imagination and bottling the common sense." - Helen Rowland

9. "I think that one of the things that you do learn is that falling in love and being in love with someone is a rarity. That you don't fall in love as many times as you think you're going to. And then when you do, it's really special; it's really important." - Julianne Moore

10. "Falling in love as we know it is an addictive experience." - Susan Cheever

11. "In life, you have to take the pace that love goes. You don't force it. You just don't force love, you don't force falling in love, you don't force being in love - you just become. I don't know how to say that in English, but you just feel it." - Juan Pablo Galavis