5 Tips For The Perfect Wedding Registry

5 Tips For The Perfect Wedding Registry

Get your scanner guns ready.

6
5 Tips For The Perfect Wedding Registry
Zola

So you are about to get married, CONGRATS! It is a super exciting time, but it can come with a long to-do list as well. One of those "to-do's" is completing your wedding registry. It's fun picking out dishes and selecting your silverware, but it can honestly be pretty exhausting (speaking from experience here). Check out my quick tips for getting your registry done for all of those showers and parties!

1. Come up with a game plan.

Select the spots you want to register for ahead of time. Try to narrow down your stores to 3-4 options. This can provide your friends and wedding guests with multiple places to shop, but it won't be as overwhelming for you and your future husband to visit all of those stores to scan.

2. Create your wish list before walking in the door.

My fiancé and I came up with a Google sheets document with all of the items we wanted to add to our registry. We researched options and added to the list. After we thought of the gifts we wanted to register for, I broke down the items into groups based on which store I thought would carry the best options for that item.

For example, my fiancé and I had been to Bed Bath & Beyond before to purchase bathroom towels for another couple's registry, so I put our bathroom towels on our "Bed Bath & Beyond Shopping List." I downloaded the Google Sheets iPhone app so I could check off items as we went. You can also print out your document if that is easier for you!

3. Ask around for gift ideas.

When I was preparing our registry, I texted a few of my married friends asking what they wished they would have asked for. This can help fill any gaps that Google searches don't recommend.

4. Be smart about what time you shop.

My fiancé and I tried to pack in three stores in one day. BIG mistake. We made it through two stores, but we were pretty grumpy towards the end due to lack of food and rest. I would recommend breaking it down into one store a week or something like that so it isn't as overwhelming. Make sure you get ready to scan after a meal. I recommend after lunchtime and then maybe celebrate finishing a registry with dinner. It will prevent you or your fiancé from being "hangry" during the process.

5. Make it fun.

My type-A personality enjoyed taking control of the checklist, while my fiancé liked to scan the items. I will admit, I wanted to take a swing at the scan gun, but I was honestly just happy to have my fiancé there to help me decide what coffeemaker to get. We celebrated finishing a registry with ice cream or renting a movie. Our treats at the end were like the light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck with your registry! It can be fun, but be prepared! This will save you time and help you and your fiancé be less stressed about the process.