The Power Of An Inspiration Board

The Power Of An Inspiration Board

Why everyone needs one with the world we're living in.

17
Happy & Raw

In a world full of negativity, tragedy, and fear I would like to shine a little light in people’s lives by showing them how I keep myself positive every day. After a long day at work, a semester of challenging courses, and numerous tragedies happening around the world that we see in the news, I combat this negative energy with an inspiration board, or as some call it, a vision board.

Set goals for yourself: short term and long term.

Post those goals on your board by finding a visual representation of them. If you want to lose 20 lbs. put some gym equipment or even some rock hard abs on your board. But, the first step in achieving anything is to identify what you want and focus on it. If you want to buy a house soon post a picture of the house of your dreams! This can remind you of what you’re working towards.

Positive quotes and famous sayings.

My inspiration board includes comforting bible quotes, Buddha, famous Presidents,and public figures. Find inspiring messages to wake up to and read every day.

Pictures of people who love you.

This is very important. Putting the face of the people who you love and who return that love reminds you every day that you are enough and that in this sad world there are people who care about you.

Some aspect of nature.

Whether it be a flower, bird or tree, whatever it is put that little touch onto your inspiration board because nature has a beautifully calming effect on people and can help you feel centered in this dizzying world.

Some touch of music.

Find your favorite song lyrics and post them alongside your garden photo or your picture of your rock hard abs. Music is empowering and uplifting. It heals.

Location, Location, Location!

Lastly, put this beautiful and well-thought out inspiration board somewhere you can see it every day. Mine is above my dresser where I also have my makeup. I see it every day when I wake up and I read it every night before I go to bed.

I hope this ‘inspiring’ piece moves you to find the beauty in your day and keeps you feeling positive during the hardest of times.