How To Survive Pollen Season

How To Survive Pollen Season

Spring is coming.
Cat D
Cat D
42

Can’t stop the sneezing!

I got this feelin' inside my nose
It goes electric, wavy when I Walk outside
All through my city, all through my home
Pollen flyin' up, no ceilin', when we in allergy zone

Yes. These are the lyrics to one of JT’s latest and greatest - and why am I starting out my article with them? Because like JT- allergies are sneaking up on us in their LeBrons (google it and hold the laugh ... and the sneeze).

The pollen index in Tallahassee, the hometown of the Noles, is INSANE. On a scale of 1-12, 12 being the apocalypse this weeks forecast is 10.7, 11.1, 8.1, 11.2, 10.6. So near apocalyptic. Not making the numbers up btw (pollen.com/forecast/extended/pollen/32301). So if you haven’t gone to the store to pick up your meds- go now or forever hold your sneeze.

Eye drops can help too. Or wearing mascara- so you can’t even rub your eyes if you wanted to. Well, I take that back, I guess you could if you wanted to look like Rocky with black rings covering your pollen puffed eyes. That’s the new spring look right there.

Another tip? WASH your hair every night. Merry spring you filthy animal. Pollen can be trapped in your hair just from the day- and I don’t know about you but I’m not trying to have all of that tree stuff all over my pillow, too. No thanks.

Which filter? Not Insta. Real-life people. Try making sure your filter to your house ac is new. If you’re like me living in a college city- those filters haven’t been replaced in a while anyway so you’re helping yourself over time. Your local hardware store has plenty- so grab 2 for after pollen season, too.

Another helpful tip I’ve noticed is carrying germ-x in your car. When you open your car door- that film of yellow that was on the handle is now on your hand. Where will it be next? Running through your hair? Reaching for your Chic-fil-a? There’s no telling. So easy fix is just to wash your hands with hand sanatizer when you get in to go anywhere.

I’m not really sure what to tell you about your car’s exterior. Maybe just don’t own a black car, because by the end of each day it will be yellow. Lovely.

Just keep pressing on until summer- soon the pollen will subside and you can be poolside without sneezing abnormally loud so everyone can hear.