​Poetry On Odyssey: Flowers

​Poetry On Odyssey: Flowers

A poem about moving onto the next chapter

59
​Poetry On Odyssey: Flowers
Photo by Evie Shaffer from Pexels

Tears fall from my eyes

as the raindrops pelt against the window,

feeling as though my body is buried under six feet of snow,

yet, I know that I am just curled up on the couch.

Little did I know

that right out my window the snow has begun to melt,

and as the flowers begin to bloom

a spark is beginning to ignite in my own soul.

I talk too much

but then again I don't talk enough,

there's nothing in this world that will ever make you happy

and I wished I knew that

before I ever followed you to the other side,

but now as the flowers bloom

I begin to take on a new form,

one which you will never notice

because I will become a spirit that haunts your memory.

There was once a time where I thought to myself,

"How will I ever find love again?"

But now I know that I am done crying over you,

done with how I used to feel about myself,

curled up with tightness in my chest,

listening to the only song pelting against my own window.

How do I love again?

How do I trust again?

I follow the flowers that are blooming from the snow,

become anew,

become a new version of what I used to be,

and let that spark ignite a fire inside of me,

so I can take on what lies ahead of me.

To My Fellow Girls With Resting B**** Face

A letter to my friends with RBF about understanding your own face and helping others deal with it.

428
Jupe du Jour

To the girl with resting b**** face:

The Boyfriends Of The 2000s

Thank you, J14, for the Posters

2948
J14 magazine

Every girl remembers her first crush. Even if your first crush was the boy in your kindergarten class that ate crayons, your first true love will always be the one that holds the key to your heart. Growing up in the 2000s, everyone knew who your dream guy was. Your family probably still give you grief and your best friends probably still reminisce, so it is impossible to forget your first celebrity crush. You bought a Tiger Beat magazine every chance you could just to read up about what your favorite celebrity was doing. Your room was fully decorated with posters of them, and it wasn't unusual to have fights with your best friends over who was going to marry him. If you were a 90's baby, lucky you because the 2000s were full of boys that were easy to love. I hope you enjoy a walk down memory lane and quickly realize that Bieber was definitely not the first guy with that hair cut. Here are 15 90's baby's first boyfriends.