What It's Like To Be A Pisces Zodiac Sign

What Your Pisces Friend Wants You To Know About The Way They Experience Life

We feel your pain, literally.

365
NBC Universal

If you google "characteristics of a Pisces" the results are pretty much all the same. They are loyal, gentle, passionate, patient, etc. However, the phrases "deeply empathetic," "gentle," and compassionate" seem to stick out to me the most. I know it is currently Scorpio season, but it is never too early to take a moment and give some appreciation to us Pisces folks out here!

I am always told that I act like such a Pisces, but what does this mean? Well for starters, it is really hard to hear a sad story about someone, whether it is a close friend or complete stranger, without wanting to cry. I even call my deep empathy for people as "hyper-empathy" because of how amplified my feelings of empathy can get. I understand others' pain on a deeper level and this can be a good and a bad thing. It is good because it shows people how much we truly care about them. The bad part is that this can lead to people taking advantage of us; they know how much we care because we never walk away.

Another double-edged sword about being a Pisces is that we act with our heart, not our minds.

I sometimes let my emotions get the best of me because thinking logically is not always my go-to option. I have faith in outcomes that are really impractical but believe will somehow work out anyway. Therefore, my idealistic nature does not always give me the best results, but I choose to enact upon them anyway, hoping a miracle will happen.

Distractions. We all have them. Whether it is a drug, a TV show, or a special someone in our lives- it can be a part of our daily lives. However, Pisces are more likely to get lured into distractions than any other sign. It is often hard for me to focus on a task for a long period of time because of how easily distracted I get. My brain has this tendency to overthink about random situations at the worst times. When I'm studying, my mind tends to wander and I end up thinking about what my friends are up to or how excited I am to watch the new episode of "Grey's Anatomy."

I know I've mainly listed negative characteristics about Pisces so far and how much of a mess we can be, but there are a lot of qualities about us that make us really special people, too. For example, we are loyal, family-oriented, caring, and passionate. I know that for me, family and friends come before anything else. My best friends are practically like family and I find so much comfort in spending time with my parents when I come home on some weekends.

The love we can give is so much bigger than what we can handle, but we give it anyway, and that is what makes us someone to count on, confide in, and love.