Why Pinterest Has Forever Ruined My Expectations

Pin, Pin, Pin...

33

It's a good night. You're playing some Taylor Swift, sipping your favorite Starbucks drink and eating some Ben and Jerry BUT you're bored.

You've already caught up on all your TV shows, social media outlets and can't find another Netflix series to start. So what do all girls end up doing when they have their laptop, iPad or phone on hand with nothing to do? PINTEREST.

I say it like it's bad but it really isn't. I'm addicted to Pinterest like I'm addicted to Starbucks, puppies and Lilly Pulitzer. I have over eight thousand pins. Do I need a psychiatrist? Probably. Pinterest has caused me to have expectations above and beyond than what I should. I'm going to tell you why Pinterest has forever ruined my expectations.

Let's start off with the fact that you can create as many boards as you would like. For those of you that don't know a board is basically a folder that separates certain pins so that you can easily find them. Now I'm extreme but I have boards for every little thing you can think of. Currently the proud owner of 44 boards and counting. This includes boards like "Wedding Planning", "Health", "Men", "Things I Love" and many more. Pinterest encourages you to get really extreme here. You can look up almost anything as detailed as possible, and there will be multiple pictures fulfilling your search expectations.

When I first started using Pinterest, I just really liked it because you could get crafting ideas, food recipes, decorating ideas, outfit ideas and quotes. Don't get me started on the quotes. This is one of the reasons that Pinterest has ruined my expectations. There are just sooooooo soooooooo sooooooo many cute quotes. There are sad ones just so that you can feel emotional, funny ones to make you laugh and so many more.

Next up -- the wedding and relationship pictures. This has by far ruined my expectations. I don't get how people post all these fricking cute pictures when I have basically been single for 20 years. It also makes my expectations for my wedding decorations, wedding dress, ring, and food so high. This means by the time my wedding and engagement actually roll around I'm going to have expectations so high that I will possibly be disappointed in my own wedding and engagement.

Don't get me started on the fashion. First of all, how are there so many ways to style a cardigan? Well Pinterest can tell you. After browsing through the millions of pictures of outfit ideas, I can still never find what to wear. Maybe it's because I don't have all the cute clothes that Pinterest shows me or maybe it's because I would probably need a closet the size of my house to fulfill the fashion level thats shown. Even the hair and makeup. Three easy steps to get this Fishtail Braid Bun Twisted Top Knot...ya okay. And the makeup...how do they get it to look so perfect and not all mushed together.

What about the healthy food? Or even the workout plans? That has also ruined my expectations. I could never commit to drinking lemon water for almost every meal with salads, salmon, chicken and almonds. That is insane. Give me healthy pizza and I'll be good! Or how about the 60 second workout that you can do for 30 days to lose 5 pounds? I wish.

There are so many things, I could rant about because Pinterest fulfills a person with high expectations. Even though my expectations have been ruined, I am determined to reach my Pinterest perfect body, wedding, engagement, recipes, crafts, outfits and everything else that Pinterest has to offer for us bored girls.