Be A Pineapple

Be A Pineapple

Stand tall, wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.

700
Be A Pineapple

Wear a crown, stand tall and, be sweet on the inside.

Yes, I am writing about a fruit. I know, sounds crazy, but this is one fruit that has a lot of power!

We all know that recently the pineapple has become very popular in the fashion scene showing up on hats, shirts, ties, and even showing up all over school supplies. Why the pineapple though? It is not because of its amazing taste or its amazing heath benefits, honestly it is probably because it just looks cool as a print and someone ran with it.

Let's look closer though, let's go back to the quote at the beginning of the article.

Wear a crown.

Everyone knows that pineapples have a stem and in this case this is what they are referring to. If you look at it it does kind of look like a crown....if you use you imagination.

What does wearing a crown mean exactly? For me it reminds me that I am a princess. Some will say that as a bad thing, I think it is a good thing. It reminds me to hold myself in a way I would be proud of when I look back on my life in ten years. Not to mention, princesses deserve respect. I do not have the best history with self esteem and getting myself to a point where making sure I respect myself was not easy but I did it and this reminds me everyday.

Stand tall.

Like I said above my self esteem is not and never has been the best.

Daily I have to remind myself to stand tall and some days it is not so easy but it is good advice. Even on my bad days I keep my head up, or at least I try to.

Be sweet on the inside.

For me this reminds me to always be my sweet and caring self but to have a strong exterior. I've been hurt once or twice and it has given me a stronger skin because of it I would be lying if I said it didn't effect my entire outlook. It did but this reminds me to not let it get to me and just to be more cautious.

So yes Pineapples are my favorite fruit and yes oddly enough it was a nickname of mine at one point but, they can also give us some pretty good lessons about life if you take a minuet to think about it.