To The Person With The Never Ending Bad Day

There is an end, I promise.

180

We have all experienced the never ending bad day. You woke up that first morning, not knowing it would be the beginning to a never ending string of horrifying moments.

Maybe it began when you forgot to complete a large assignment, or when your hair straightener stopped working.

Maybe it is drama that won’t stop following you no matter how much you try and hide from it. Perhaps it’s the guy you just can’t get over, and you continue to see him every time you walk outside the door.

As soon as your first painful moment occurred, the rest seemed to fall like dominoes. As soon as one problem seems to get a little bit better, a little less painful, the next one brings you right back down.

You fixed your grade in a class, but someone started a rumor about you. You found the outfit you thought you had lost in the abyss laundry, but now you are sick. In this moment, you question what else could possibly go wrong. Before you know it – something else happens.

Perhaps your never ending bad day is just minor details, and you can push through. But for those people who continually get kicked down by bad luck, bad people, and a bad mentality – please know it gets better.

You might be kicked down so many times that rock bottom begins to feel like a comfort zone, and you think you could not possibly get lower than where you are now. It could get worse, but you can always make it better.

Remind yourself that you are the only controller of your mind. You are the only person who can pick yourself up from the mental state you are in – YOU can end your bad day with the change of an attitude. The moment you say no more to the person who won’t leave you alone, to the grades that keep falling, to the body image that doesn’t look appealing, you can put yourself in a better position.

Your bad day cannot last forever, even though it seems like it just might. You have to look on the brighter side of the situation, and realize that what stands between you and the end of this string of bad days, is yourself.

Set goals for yourself. Do something each day that makes you happy, whether it be wearing colorful socks, eating your favorite breakfast, or taking 5 minutes to read a book. Do something for yourself, because you know you can’t mess that up.

Stop worrying about what others think. They are not you, they cannot change who you are, and they are only making you hurt. Move on, and surround yourself with people who make you happy. At this point, you do not need anyone who does not make you smile.

Smile and laugh. Forget about your worries for a few minutes, and remember something that makes you happy. Remind yourself of that awful family vacation, or the time you and your friends stayed out until the early morning making memories.

As each week passes, and more goes wrong, you may lose hope. It may seem like you won’t ever get your life back, that you are eternally at the bottom pinned down by the issues created by others. I am here to tell you that these bad days do not last forever. Life does go on. There are things to be happy about.

The one thing standing between you and a good day is your attitude. Help yourself out and look up at all the people who love you and the endless opportunities you have.

I promise you – there is an end to your never ending bad day.