To The Person Experiencing Their First Heart Break

Don't let this ruin your happiness.

53
Public Domain Pictures

Dear Brokenhearted,

So, you've just experienced your first love, and now it's over.

Regardless if it was mutual, you broke up with them, or vice versa, it still hurts.

Even if you saw this coming, it doesn't take away the pain of a broken heart.

I want you to know that I feel for you. I've been where you are, and I know the pain can feel unbearable.

I spent three and a half years with my first love, and I can't even tell you who officially ended it, but the sadness that I felt was undeniable.

I felt like life would never be the same as it was with them. I wanted to shut out the world. And for a while, I did.

But, despite the anguish, I've made it through. I've moved on, and, despite what you're experiencing right now, you will too.

As you attempt to get over your recent heart break, it is important to remember that whatever you are feeling right now is temporary. It may take patience, but it will happen.

In the mean time, it is incredibly important that you take care of yourself and do what you can to make yourself happy.

Here are some things that might help: write, sleep, exercise, talk to your friends, cuddle with your pets, listen to music, eat healthy, and if you need to, cry.

Cry, cry, and cry some more. It doesn't matter how long you were together, what gender you identify as, or who you are around. You have every right to feel any and every emotion.

Regardless of how much you cry, never forget that you are strong. Even the strongest people feel pain.

Also, strong people don't need others to feel strong. You are independent, and you don't need someone in your life to make you feel whole.

You lived happily before them, you will live happily without them.

Though this is your first heartbreak, it will likely not be your last. They are a part of life, but they do not control your life.

Stay positive, take care of yourself, and remember that you will love again.

Sincerely,

A Formerly Broken Heart