It's Not About The Perfect Body, It's About Being Healthy

Being fit is great, but the most important part is being healthy

56
www.burlingtonvt.citymomsblog.com

Summer is a third of the way over, and in two months we go back to school. Maybe some of your goals for the summer was working, discovering yourself, or fitness. If you goal for the summer was to get that summer body, that's awesome. Mine is too. Summer is just another reason to kick start into fitness. For most of us the goal is probably to make it to that perfect summer body, but for other's that's not really the point. Which I completely agree with. Fitness for the summer is not about having a perfect summer body, it's about having a healthy one.

An amazing goal for anyone going on a fitness journey is to have a perfect summer body, however, for me, it's a little more than that. I want to be healthy. My goal has always been to look good AND feel good. I don't want to feel groggy because I've been sitting on the couch all day, or feel winded when I go upstairs. I want to wake up feeling energized, and be in a good mood because I got that morning workout in. Just generally being healthy is the goal I want.

During school, I would eat to my heart's desire just because I could. If I was bored, I would have a coke and eat anything I had while bringing Netflix, while having little to no extra movement all day. When I started to feel really gross and ever since then I decided to change that.

I got a personal trainer, I go to a premier training gym, and I only eat when I'm hungry, and if I do decide to snack, it's on healthy food. I wake up early, I take three classes and by noon I've already got my exercise in for the day. I do that 5 times a week and on the weekends, I take a break but eat lighter because I know I won't be doing as much. I feel more awake now, I'm in a better mood, and starting to see results is an amazing feeling. I'm getting my fruits, veggies, and protein in as well. When I do eat bad food, I eat it in moderation, and I make sure I work extra hard that day or the following so I know I deserved it.

Even though I went above and beyond to get the help I needed, it's not all that affordable for everyone, and that's fine! You can go for runs, or even to your local playground.

When I eat bad food, I don't feel as terrible after about it than I did before, and when I look at the clock and it's barely noon, it feels good to know I already exercised and have the rest of the day to do whatever I want. My wellness and happiness are up, and I'm just happy feeling happy. Summer isn't about the perfect body at all, it's about being healthy.