A Pep-Talk For When You Reach Your Limit

Just get back up.

69
Women 2.0

We all know what it's like to reach our limit; when we've been going and going, and suddenly just hit a wall. This phenomena is something that happens to us in every aspect in life, be it a diet, work, parenting or school. But every once in a while it seems that all of the sub-categories of your life happen to sync up, and just hit you too hard all at once. Now this is the real phenomena.

Nothing hits harder than life, not Rhonda Rousey, or even Mike Tyson. But it seems like when life hits you there's no paramedic, no ibuprofen, no band-aids to fix the damages; just you. No one can even tell you've been hit, because the only physical signs are the bags under your eyes appearing larger than normal. There are no bruises, black eyes, or gashes; just physical, mental, and emotional exhaustion. Every minute of every day is a battle with yourself but you know you can't stop, there are other things to do and other people that depend on you to not to.

So what are you to do when all you want to do is lay on the ground after being halted to a stop at the seemingly in-surmountable brick wall that has been put in front of you?

You get back up.

Now I know it seems like the cliche "get knocked down 7 times, stand up 8," but it's true. You have to do what you've got to do, and get back up; because the truth is, in this whole wide world the only person that can take care of you, is you.

If you want to lay there in existential dread for eternity, that's on you. If you want to get up and dust yourself off, that's on you. If you want to take an hour or two to lay there and think it all through, that's on you. No one can do it for you. No one can make you get up. But if you want it to get better you have got to look at that wall, and smash through it like a martial arts professional.

Bottom-line, if you find yourself getting hit by life and questioning your will to get up, stand up and knock it back with vigor.