5 Best Date Spots In State College, Pennsylvania That Are Perfect For Social Distancing

Because you deserve better than Netflix and chill.

2035

The time has come to meet new people (in a safe way), so here are some safe and cute places to go on a date while here at school.

1. The Arboretum at Penn State

If you want a nice relaxing time to watch the sunset, the Arboretum is the perfect place to go. If you are a student on campus, then it is just a quick walk to the North side. Pull out a blanket and enjoy the nice weather while getting to know someone that may just be the one.

2. The Tavern 

Now this is a different pace than the first two locations. Instead of an evening outside, walk on over to the Tavern. The Tavern has great food, great service and is a great place to have some great conversation. Whether you choose to sit inside or outside, this is an easy way to have a great time with that special someone and in a safe way.

3. Old Main Lawn

Old Main is a similar destination to the Arboretum. If you want a nice relaxing time outside and don't feel like taking that extra walk, stop by at Old Main. There are also many other things to do at Old Main besides sitting on the grass, although that is a great thing to be doing. You can play some outside games, meet some friends or even walk a pet. If the outside is the place you want to be, I recommend Old Main 100%.

4. Pegula Ice Rink

Pegula skate rink is for those who are ready to get down and dirty on the ice. If you decide you want to have a little competition or show off your moves a bit, head on over to Pegula ice rink. Bundle up and skate along with others while also having a great time, showing off your skills could be a great ice breaker (wink wink). Also, if your not so great at skating, it just gives whoever your with a reason to hold on to you. I'm just here to help make sparks fly.

5. State College Borough. (College Ave)

Lastly, State College Borough. This is a great place to walk around and really choose your own destination based on how the night is going. If you want to go shopping, they have spots to go, if you want some great food, they have amazing restaurants (including the Tavern). You can have a great time looking at some of the lights on the restaurants and stores and also just have a stroll slightly off campus. Either way, this would be a fun location to go to.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.