10 Things Incoming Freshmen Can't Learn About ASU On A Zoom Call This Fall

Arizona State is the largest public university in the country, so joining a Zoom call doesn't show everything our school has to offer.

650

ASU has some of the best academics and programs to offer in the United States. Currently, I'm a junior studying Broadcast Journalism, and I've been able to be on campus for two full years now. ASU is so much fun, and theres so ma y cool things that every campus has to offer.

1. How big Tempe campus really is.

Arizona State's main campus in in Tempe, Arizona and man is it big. It take about 20-30 minutes to walk from one end of the campus to the other. Most majors can be found here and every athletic event is held in Tempe.

2. How different each campus is.

ASU has four campuses in Arizona. There's Tempe, Downtown Phoenix, Polytechnic and West. Each campus has its unique feel and atmosphere. Downtown has majors like journalism and nursing, where polytechnic has aeronautics and engineering. The diversity among the campuses is something you can experience through a zoom call.

3. School pride.

ASU has the best school pride in the country. Sorry Ohio State and Michigan, but ASU has got you beat. I swear, you can never go to any campus without seeing at least 30 people wearing maroon and gold. Football games are always packed and our athletic programs are on the rise.

4. The top-notch academics.

Arizona State was ranked #1 in Innovation by U.S. News and World Report for the fifth year in a row. Top colleges and schools include business, journalism, engineering and law. Every program, no matter which you choose, will be difficulty, but so rewarding in the. end.

5. The long boarders. 

I swear, if you can walk through Tempe campus without almost being run into by someone on a long board, you're lucky. They're everywhere and people somehow manage to go like 30 miles an hour on tiny sidewalks.

6. Food.

While certain campuses may have less dining options than other, Tempe has several to choose from. Whether you like Mexican food, maybe Chinese or even Italian, there's something for you.

7. Welcome week.

Welcome week is so much fun, only if you're a freshman. You get to go to Desert Financial Arena with all of the other freshmen at ASU and partake in a huge pep rally.

8. How beautiful Arizona really is.

All of the campuses are in the Phoenix metro area. Theres Downtown, a large city, and places like Papago Park, a huge hiking area. If you like the outdoors, ASU is the place for you.

9. The heat.

It is so hot. Yes, the heat dies down around the end of October, but for those 2 and a half months, you won't want to wear anything except shorts and a t-shirt. It's normal for people to go to class wearing flip flops.

10. Shuttles.

So you want to go to Tempe campus, but you live Downtown, take the shuttle! Shuttles run around every 15 minutes to every single campus, and it's free for ASU students. There's wifi and air conditioning.

From Your Site Articles