Past Lives, Dreams, and More Theories of the Inevitable​

this is all my opinion but I welcome all points of view :)

48
Lilli Carré

I'm not saying as a child we're ~brainwashed~ but there is definitely a lot of washing in the brain from parents, particularly in religious households. We grow up with parents telling us that if we do not lie or steal we will go to Heaven, and we are going to Hell if we say a curse word. I grew up in the Bible Belt into an extremely religious family, so things obviously differ around the world, but an average American home believes in Heaven or Hell and many households are set on the idea that God and Satan rule them... religion and the Bible is a whole other article I can get into, but let's talk about the realistic and practical aspect of Heaven and Hell. God and the Devil. So... the "good" people who have never sinned a day in their lives are ascending to a magical field of clouds in the sky with angels and harps? What happened to pure sinless people only entering The Gates? It is quite literally impossible for a person to go their entire life without committing even the smallest of sins, even if they repent to their god. Hell, I guess, is more believable. But where the hell IS Hell? Just think about even where it could be located physically and really just if it really makes any logical sense. The Bible is really and truly all words billions of people believe, but again, I do not discriminate but that is another discussion for another article. But I will have to say, I wanna see if Satan and God are really who they are cracked up to be. Now, let's talk about something a little more in depth. Past lives, reincarnation, and afterlives.

Death and the overall concept of finality is something, me personally, cannot wrap my head around. So, we just... disappear? Into some void? We stop existing? It has never made sense to me, and I personally like having answers or at least a personal theory to something so I do not go crazy my whole life never knowing the answer. Dying and that being the end of everything is very easy to accept, and so is Heaven and Hell for religious people. It is something we were told about when we were little and we ran with it. But you get older and you start having out of body or unexplainable experiences or dreams. Why could that be? Well, let me explain.

Nineteenth Century naturalist and world-renown philosopher Henry David Thoreau admitted "As far back as I can remember I have unconsciously referred to the experiences of a previous state of existence." Furthering the concept and mystery around the philosophy of life and death during the Age of Enlightenment, many notable philosophers including Voltaire and Walt Whitman all shared similar beliefs regarding life in alternate universes and other lives. There are multiple different physical and psychogenic phenomena and moments that may be unexplainable and random to some people, but is evidence of other lifetimes to others. Just like the moon, humans go through cycles. The moon never disappears, instead goes through beautiful phases of beautiful changes and window of time and place around Earth, and like humans, it repeats cycle.

Let's start with one of the most bizarre and fascinating but in this case, explainable phenomena in human life, déjà vu. A somewhat paranormal and out of body experience, some people like myself become completely shocked after a vivid flashback of something they have never experienced and are completely confused as to why this happens. Well, a possible (and mentioned by professionals) theory is the possibility of a past life. The vivid and overwhelming sense of familiarity that could have possibly happened in another timeline would make sense of why the smell, sights, and conversations seem like... you already experienced them. The possibility of a parallel dimension that we once lived and experienced these physical encounters before reliving them would explain the unexplainable wave of familiarity at unexpected times and places.

Let's get gushy for a minute. So, a lot of us have heard of the term "twin flames" and even the word most thrown around "soulmate." Two very popularized terms to refer to our lovers actually have very deep spiritual meanings. Meeting someone you instantly connect with is for a reason. "Love at first sight" is a cute saying, and my favorite trope, "it's like I've known them for a lifetime," well, you probably have. Let's start with twin flames. Twin Flames, or "your mirrored soul," is someone who you share your most deepest secrets, insecurities, and fears with, and it feels so comfortable and natural because they're your twin and your souls are connected and have always connected. In most cases, you can instantly feel that you have known this person for lifetimes, you might feel like the universe sent this person for a special reason, because everything that is meant to be will happen at the right time. Twin flames are an instant connection and longing of someone you felt that you have known before and are instantly protective over. Soulmates are essentially the same, but they are meant to meet each other and they grow together in a union and twin flames bring out the best in each other in healing and growth. Twin Flames are a beautiful bond of two people that were destined in alternate universes to meet and essentially become each other in an intense bond that is something that only time could tear apart. Twin flames can also refer to our closest friend, someone who you instantly connect with and love as your other half. The heart is such a unique and beautiful part of our souls, that even time and dimension cannot even control our longing and connections to people meant for us.

Let's take a rest, quite literally. Dreams are the ultimate source of foreshadowing or flashbacks, and the images our brains produce have so much meaning and personalized stories to them that so many people overlook. Even our most wild and out of place dreams can have a part in your life or the colors and background that seem unrecognizable can most likely mean you have experienced in the past or in the afterlife you will revisit in person. During the R.E.M stage of sleep, the deepest stage of sleep that is recorded to only last five seconds, is the most vivid of dreams occur and can be a vital part of where you have been or will be in your timelines. Many people, including myself, meet people they have never met in life and this is a could definitely meet them soon in your lifetime, they were a significant person in your past life, or they will appear in your afterlife. For me personally, and for a lot of people, your twin flame or soulmate will appear rather more vividly than other people in your life and more often than anyone else. The connection between someone who you have a special love and sexual connection with is an ethereal feeling is unbeatable and unique that naturally, they will appear in your dreams. There is actually a connection between the other person manifesting you and them showing up in your dreams or thoughts but that is another conversation.... but on the other hand, this person could be so manipulative and psychologically terrorizing that they got so deep into your head they made their way into your dreams. Let's talk about the dark side of alternate universes.

Something about alternate timelines is that not everything is sunshine and butterflies. From personal experience and reflection, the weight and burden of inner child wounds from this timeline feels so much deeper and personal that I could have for sure experienced it in the past. That is why so many people are natural empaths, they were possibly abused and traumatized in their past lives and it might have carried to this lifetime. Unfortunately, many people may experience the same cycle in every lifetime because the world is not a perfect place and it shapes us into who we become. Because, in my opinion, everyone- even if they are not your twin flame- come into your life for a reason, heartbreak and loss of your twin flame can feel like you lost a piece of you and almost always you're right. That person was meant to be in your life and the universe connected your souls for a reason, but not always does becoming the same person and sharing the same brain and body always work out. It can be overwhelming and the universe does this to test your ability to become your highest self and experience free will. Does this mean end thing with your soulmate or twin flame? Absolutely not, not unless the universe or your spirit guides feel the absolute need to tear you two apart for the best, you two are together for a reason. Connected souls are connected for a reason, but in past lives and the after life, your "person" could exactly mirror or look like someone you once in love with in another dimension. Past wounds and similar heartbreaks and patterns that feel "natural" to you could most definitely be something you have experienced in the past.

Someone recently opened my mind and stated something so bold but for sure a possibility, that every human IS God. We are in control of our lives, of what we do, and what our future holds. He mentioned free will and inevitability of lifetime events which we are essentially born into and that are in complete control of. This is quite literally our life, or lives, and everything is already set in stone and everybody who comes into our lives is there for a reason. Whether they hurt you and make you a stronger person afterwards, you will likely meet someone who changes your life for the better in time passing. Life is a cycle, we have all experienced it multiple times, and will continue to live it in different ways; but in the end we are in control of how we live it and our potential as humans.