God is faithful even when life leads you astray.
Religion

Our Unchanging God

He is faithful even when the night leads me astray.

874
https://www.pexels.com/photo/scenic-view-of-mountains-during-dawn-1261728/

So I will praise You on the mountain
And I will praise You when the mountain's in my way
You're the summit where my feet are
So I will praise You in the valleys all the same
No less God within the shadows
No less faithful when the night leads me astray
You're the heaven where my heart is
In the highlands and the heartache all the same

- Highlands by Hillsong UNITED

This song has become one of my favorites at the moment. It's a perfect example of God's character. See, the God we serve is unchanging. He is faithful and good on our best days and on our bad days in life.

I think in difficult or challenging situations, it is easy for us to forget that God is still faithful as He was yesterday. When something does not go the way we thought it would/wanted to, we tend to think that God led us astray. We wonder "Why?" and sometimes, it is challenging to understand His answer.

This past week, I went and saw the movie Breakthrough (which btw you need to see and bring some tissues). The movie about a teenager who gets in an accident and his mom throughout the whole situation believes that he is going to be okay. However, the whole time all the doctors and her friends say he is not going to make it. This really discourages her and also frustrates her because she has so much faith that everything will be okay with her son.

I love how bold this woman is. After all the professionals, her friends, and even her husband tell her that he won't make it or that he won't be the same if he wakes up from the coma, she is bold in her faith and believes it will all be okay because God is faithful, even on the dark days.

I know it is challenging to always have faith and believe that God is constant and faithful when we don't know what's next in our life or when disappointing situations happen. However, I think it is such a good reminder to know that God is the same every single day. He loves you every day. He is no less faithful when the night leads you astray. Even in the trials, difficulties, or just worries that we face, He is still there for you and He loves you no less than He did on a good day. Hold on to that promise, today.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. - Hebrews 13:8