An Open Letter To My Boyfriend

An Open Letter To My Boyfriend

This letter says a lot of things, but the important thing to know is I love you.
7218

Hey you,

This is the first weekend we haven't seen each other in months. It is so weird how important you have become in my life. From being some random guy who came with his brother to drop my sister off at home, to now being the guy I love. It's funny how time and effort can change a stranger into someone you can no longer imagine life without.

Now do not get me wrong, I am not saying we're perfect. You know as much as I do that we work to be happy, and that's how I know what we have is real. Relationships that seem perfect from the start with no problems are not real, those kind of relationships will only exist if the people involved only delve deep into each others' souls. If you really get to know someone, you're bound to butt heads. Problems will arise, but the relationships that will persevere are the ones who can communicate and work through their problems.

Thank you for being the man you are. Thank you for not giving up when the going got tough. Life threw a lot of curve balls our way but we haven't struck out yet. I can honestly say I do not know what my life would be like without you in it, and I am so thankful I do not have to worry about losing you because I know we can overcome any obstacle placed in front of us.

I love you. For all of the things you do, big and little. Whether it's your good morning text every morning and your good night text every night, or you being willing to do whatever it takes to help me achieve my dreams. You're willing to do whatever it takes to make me happy and you always factor me into any decision you make. You're insanely considerate and I love that about you.

Though you mean the world to me, you do not think so highly about yourself. I never understand how you can not see how amazing you are. But I promise I will always be here to remind you and raise you up. I will make sure I always express your worth to me in hopes that you too will be able to see it. I want you to see yourself from my eyes, and then you'll realize you are capable of greatness and can achieve amazing things. One day you will see all of your potential and I'll be there cheering you on when you decide to chase your dreams, like you do for me every day.

So with this letter I just wanted to express a lot of things that have been on my mind. It may seem a little scatterbrained but you know my train of thought jumps around a lot. I love you a lot and I want you to always remember that, no matter where life takes us or what sort of messes we get into. I strongly believe we are in each others' lives for the long haul and I could not be happier. I wouldn't want to do life with anybody else.

Love you lots.