An Open Letter To The Red Wolves

An Open Letter To The Red Wolves

Stop.

40
An Open Letter To The Red Wolves
The Sport Seer

Dear Red Wolves,

Stop. You know exactly what I'm talking about.

I am calling you out because I am so tired of it. I am a third year student at Arkansas State University and a Razorback fan. Uh-oh. Here comes the judgement and "traitor" name-calling. Here it goes.

A-State and U of A will not play each other. Give it up. As much as I would love for the Hogs to come to my home turf and allow me the opportunity to watch them for free with my student ID, we are not worth their time. I agree, it would be so great to host the greatest college football team in Arkansas, but why embarrass ourselves and waste their time to get our tails worn out by an SEC team?

Moment of honesty and humbleness, I am totally aware that the Arkansas Razorbacks aren't the best team in the South Eastern Conference, but they are improving with the best of these and giving their all to work their way up. Yes, they also lost to Toledo, so what? They beat Ole Miss in 2015, and Ole Miss beat Alabama, but the Hogs lost to Alabama. Just because we beat or lose to the same teams as them, it does not mean we should try to compete with them.

Stop using the excuse that Arkansas would benefit with ticket sales from the two biggest college teams in the state going head to head here in NEA. U of A already sells out stadiums and does not need to play the Red Wolves to get money. They're in the SEC. They don't struggle with getting money.

I would be so beside myself excited to host college game day, but A-State will not be be doing that anytime soon. When people say "college football", they don't think Sunbelt. They think SEC, Pac-12, Big-12, ACC, Big-10.

This isn't meant to step on toes or cause any hard feelings, because remember, I am a Red Wolf. Born and raised an Indian. I shed tears when they changed our mascot. So as a fan of both teams, I am publicly announcing:

I am not for the Arkansas/A-State game.

Give it up Red Wolves, it's not happening.

You don't have to be against one team to be for the other, Support your state and both teams.

Signing off! Howl yes and woo pig sooie!

Sincerely, fed up Arkansan.