An Open Letter To My Mom

An Open Letter To My Mom

I would be lucky if I grew up to be at least half the person that you are.

100
An Open Letter To My Mom
Tingting Bi

Dear Mom,

I do not say it enough, but I am very lucky to have you as a mom. You are my best friend, confidant, and number one cheerleader. During my childhood, you made countless sacrifices for me and never say one word.

You are the most hard-working mother I have met. My sister and I certainly have not made it easy to raise us. Despite our flaws, you continue to shower us with unconditional love and support.

You are the sweetest and most genuine person I know. You always put the needs of others before your own. Every morning for the past twelve years, you would get up before everyone else to cook my sister and I breakfast and lunch. You never complained about how tired you were or how early it was. Whenever we needed help, you dropped everything and instantly came to the rescue.

Furthermore, you always look at the good in people. You have such a big heart. You have taught me that every person has flaws but you should always pay more attention to their positive traits.

In addition, you always look at the bright side. Every time I feel sad or stressed, I can count on you to cheer me up and encourage me. Whether I am on the other side of the country or in the same room, you immediately rush to my side and help me. I know that after even just one phone call, I would so much better. I feel comfortable telling you almost anything. While you may sometimes not understand, you never fail to be empathetic.

I know that we have had many disagreements and arguments before. After each one, I realize that you are always right. You know me better than myself. You only just want what is best for me. You always do everything in your power to help me achieve my dreams whether that is driving me to my extracurriculars or staying up with me when I had to study for a huge exam.

You also have taught me the importance of valuing our heritage. You make sure that my sister and I do not lose our roots or forget where we are from. During every major Chinese holiday, you always teach my sister and I about the history behind it and cook us the traditional foods.

Most importantly, you are my role model. I am very proud to have a mother who is so intelligent and accomplished. You have knowledge in almost every field and I am always amazed by your achievements. The biggest and most touching sacrifice you have made was to set aside your career to raise my sister and I. I am so thankful for everything that you have done for me.

You have taught me everything that I know about myself. You have shaped me into the person that I am today. I would be lucky if I grew up to be at least half the person that you are. I love and miss you so much, mom. I can not wait to see you in a few weeks.

Love,

Your Daughter