To The One Who Loves Him Next

To The One Who Loves Him Next

Take good care of him, please.

218
To The One Who Loves Him Next

So, I'm sure you have no idea who I am yet, but you will.

I will be the girl that fills the stories of his most recent heartbreak, I will be the one that he messed it all up with and I will be the one that still haunts him on lonely nights.

I know you'll probably grow very sick of hearing my name and I promise you that I will have the same reaction to yours. He will fill your mind with stories of me that you will resent, while his friends will fill my mind with just as many stories of you. Although you aren't in the picture yet, I do know that you will be at some point and I'm hoping that for his sake you come along sooner rather than later.

He really is a great guy and he deserves some happiness, which I'm sure coming from me maybe surprising to hear. But when it comes down to, I was more mature than he was and that was both good and bad. While our childish moments are some of my most treasured, his failure to grow up when he needed to was one of our downfalls. He couldn't face me and be honest on the night he ruined us, instead he hid from the truth.

I'm sure you'll hear how he treated me poorly, cheated on me, lied to my face, and how he ruined all we had. Then you'll hear how it ruined not just our relationship, but also our entire friend group. After all, one of his unfortunate flaws is that sometimes he drags others down with him. He never seems to want to suffer by himself or take the soul blame for things.

Okay, so it seems like I have some pent up anger towards him. It's possible that I still do deep down. But despite this, I still wish him nothing but happiness even though he caused me pain. Finally, I have accepted the fact that you just may be the thing that introduces this happiness to his life.

Now let me explain a few things that will help you out...

He has horrible anger issues and he tends to pin his feelings on the wrong people, especially when his anger is aimed at his favorite sports teams. So brace yourself for game days and pray that his team wins. Otherwise, it will be a long few days ahead of you.

Deep down he is a nerd; okay maybe not that deep down. His video games are his life and nothing will take the place of them for long. I did briefly, but towards the end he began to bury himself in them instead of seeing me. If you notice this happening you should perform damage control and find out what's wrong ASAP.

Expect to be waiting on him to get ready; I swear he cares more about his appearance than any other human being on this earth. He will spend way too long choosing every detail, right down to his boxers. Just be supportive by giving your opinion and a few smiles and head nods wouldn't hurt either. I promise that if you tolerate his indecisiveness and dozens of trips to the mirror, you will get to where you’re going eventually.

Please be careful with his heart. I know he puts on a tough front, but he's sensitive and has been through a lot. His past has shaped him into a wonderful and understanding man overall. If he cares about you I promise that he will treat you better than anyone else.

Listen closely to the music he plays, that's how he describes what he's feeling. If he plays or sings specific songs around you then you better look into those lyrics. He looks into the meanings of the songs rather than how they sound, so expect an unnatural blend of music types. I promise you'll fall in love with his odd taste and it will rub off on you eventually.

He likes to talk all night long, and I really do mean all night long. His darkest fears, wildest dreams, and hopes for the future will spill out during these conversations. You two will lose track of time all together and the next thing you know it will 2:30 A.M., but I promise you this won't stop him from continuing on. I hope you find yourselves lost in laughter and deep talks, those were some of my favorite times with him.

Open up to him once he finally opens up to you. This is how he measures if he can truly trust you. Make sure to always remember the things that you tell him, even your sleep deprived confessions. Of course, try not to forget the things he told you too because he will remember everything you said. And I mean absolutely everything.

I hope he learned from the mistakes that we made, I know I did. And I hope he treats you much better than he treated me because nobody deserves the pain I felt and I hope that I am the only one he puts through that. Maybe you'll even be the true one for him.

Please take care of him. Be patient with his short temper, support his passions, listen to his problems and I promise you that he will return all you do for him. He will care for you, hopefully a million times more than he ever cared for me. I have moved on and I am hoping he will soon too, I no doubt that you'll find your way into his life when he's ready.

I wish you the best of luck and nothing but happiness; you've truly found a good one.

Sincerely, the one who loved him before.