How Online Learning Can Accelerate Your Child's Learning

Kids can learn at their own pace

165
https://pxhere.com/en/photo/961545

All parents want to give their kids the best possible start in life. They want to give them experiences and opportunities that they missed out on as kids. But more than that, they want to help ensure that their kids will have every opportunity to become a healthy, happy and successful adult.

That's why they agonize over making sure that every plate of food they eat is perfectly nutritionally balanced. It's why your choice of school is so important. It's why they keep a watchful eye over the books they read, the games they play and the movies they watch. And it's why they get a slightly nagging feeling in their bellies whenever their kids use the internet. There's no doubt about it, in the digital age where internet-enabled devices are such a huge part of our day-to-day lives, all parents have a duty to ensure that their kids use the internet in an appropriate and responsible way. But while the digital realm has its share of dangers, it also has a whole lot of opportunities to aid kids' education and development.

Here we'll look at how online learning and resources like Cluey learning can be vital to a child's education. It's easy to see the online world as an obstacle course of perils and hurdles. But when you know where to look, it can also be an essential supplement to the learning that they get in school. Let's look at some of the ways in which online learning can accelerate your child's learning and development…

Kids can learn at their own pace.

One of the primary constrictions of classroom-based learning is that a teacher must accommodate the learning needs of dozens of students within the established time frame of a lesson. Given that children all learn at a different pace and in subtly different ways, it's little wonder that some knowledge may have fallen through the cracks at the end of a lesson. Online learning, however, takes place at a child's own pace. This means that they are free to absorb and retain without being rushed along by the flow of the lesson.

Opportunities for learning that's tailored to them

Few students get the opportunity for private tuition at school. That one-on-one time in which an education professional is able to deliver learning tailored to their needs and aptitudes. Most schools simply don't have the time or personnel to deliver it to their cohort. The beauty of digital resources like Cluey Learning is that they provide online tutoring that is personalized to the needs of the child yet built around the school syllabus.

Learning games encourage engagement

All parents dread the thought of their child drifting off into the world of their imagination during lesson time because their teacher is unable to engage them meaningfully in the lesson. One of the great things about online learning is that it offers a plethora of online games that are fun and engaging and empower kids to play an active role in their own education.'

It's time and energy efficient

It can be frustrating for kids when a teacher needs to cover the same ground over and over for the benefit of their peers who haven't quite grasped it yet. It can cause them to drift off and potentially miss out on new information. The beauty of online learning is that it is time efficient and spares kids wasted energy retreading the same ground over and over again. Online learners can choose the specific content they're interesting while being able to skip over content with which they're already familiar.

Real-time assessment

Assessment and testing are an important part of learning. They give students an opportunity to use their learning practices, thereby further embedding what they have learned in their minds. Yet, classroom learning does not always offer opportunities for testing when kids need it most and by the time an opportunity for testing comes around some of their knowledge may have dissipated. Online learning gives kids opportunities for real-time assessment so that they can test themselves as they go.

Convenience

There's nothing more self-defeating than getting kids to learn when they're not in the mood for it. However, when they are in the mood for it, they absorb and assimilate knowledge much more readily. Another advantage of online learning is that it allows kids the convenience of learning on their own terms, thereby giving them a sense of ownership that makes their learning much more meaningful and personal.

In an age where digital proficiency is likely to play a huge role in your child's life inside and outside of the classroom, it makes sense to recognize and embrace the potential advantages of online learning to supplement the learning that takes place in the classroom.