Your Dreams Are Attainable At This Very Moment

(Stop dreaming, start doing).

I was sitting in class the other day, at my dream school, in my dream city, and we were asked what our plans for the future were. I've always had a fairly strong idea of what I wanted to do with my life. Certainly not specifics, but I knew I wanted to follow what made my heart sing. So, when asked, I stood up and told him my future.

I want to work at Ted Baker London for the year, graduate FIDM, snag an internship at Tedquarters in London, continue my studies at the London College of Fashion taking courses in Fashion Journalism and Psychology, then one day, get the tools and people needed to edit my own magazine promoting healthy body image and self-love for all shapes and sizes.

The teacher kind of looked at me, cocked his head and gave a smile, and asked me: "Do you know what percent of people actually end up following their dreams to the end and eventually owning their own business?"

2 percent.

That's a rather shockingly low number. He went on to explain how a lot of people get bullied into thinking that it's not possible, that it can't be done. But he said it's not really people who bully, but ourselves. That nagging doubtful voice in your head that pulls you down and goes, "Hah, you don't stand a chance," is what keeps 98 percent of people from pushing through and fulfilling their dreams.

We spend so much time dreaming, so much time imagining, and so much time telling ourselves we're not ready yet, but I'm telling you, the time is now. As cliché as it is to say "follow your dreams," I'm living proof that, with the right mindset and the right attitude, anything is possible. We don't have time to wait for tomorrow! Go out and do it today, or you'll just keep pushing it farther and farther into that storage box that hides at the top shelf.

Take me: I recently moved cities from Irvine to San Francisco. Last year, I had an entire apartment to stretch out in, I had incredibly close friends, I was comfortable with the area, and it felt good. But at the end of the year, I had to move and I had a choice: Los Angeles, or San Francisco? From the very beginning, my heart whispered San Francisco. So I listened and came here. As hard as it was to move away from the comfort, and the friends, and the blessed Southern California sunshine and into the 10x10 room with no friends (yet) and lots of club noise from the street, I knew that San Francisco was the place for me to pursue my dreams. And you can bet your buns that I have every intention of editing my own magazine someday. If it runs through your veins and breathes in your soul, if you can't go a day without thinking about it, it's time to pursue that dream and fulfill it to its utmost potential.

And I'm just a small town girl from Alaska! But I came here, and I listened to my heart, and I'm living proof that following your dreams isn't difficult. It just takes the right attitude!

There might be hardships along the way; in fact, I'm sure there will be. But just know that every 'no' means that you're one step closer to 'yes.' And what's a journey without some bumps along the way?

It will be so worth it in the end, I promise.

Let's raise that percentage to 100 percent. We need more people in this world who have woken up from their dreams and actually made them come to life.

I'm in. Who's with me?