Once Upon A Time

Once Upon A Time

I Fell once upon a time,

64
Once Upon A Time

Once upon a time, I fell in love. It was unexpected and out of nowhere. Not wanted or anything. My life was going just fine beforehand. I wasn't worried about anyone other than friends and family, I could do whatever I wanted, wear whatever I wanted, just how I wanted it to be. Sure, I get lonely every now and then. I would crave attention and the feeling of being held by another, but I would get over it. Then he came along, and screwed that all up for me.

It literally was something straight out of a netflix movie. Sorta tall, goofy laugh, annoying at first but took some time to get used to it. I told myself that I would never get feelings like that towards him because we were two opposite people. He was known for being too nice, and I was known for being too brutally honest. We had some similar interests, but for the most part disagreed on everything. I told myself that I would never catch feelings, because if we did, we would constantly be arguing.

But as time grew, we got closer and closer. Became the best of friends actually. Everyone who knew us thought of us as the dynamic duo. It was bittersweet. Until we got deeper with things.

Like I said as time grew we got closer. I would notice little things like him being super protective over me, making sure I was doing good and not getting into any trouble. But I always thought that that was what best friends were supposed to do. I thought that it was all completely normal. Until I watched more. He laughed at all of my jokes, even the ones that weren't funny. We made up nicknames for each other. And the biggest one was I would catch him staring at me, then throw a little smirk. When I would stare back into his eyes, that is what sealed up the deal. I didn't only look into his eyes, I got a look into his soul. And in that very moment, everything clicked.

It was like the whole world just paused. Time and everything with it had stopped. I didn't like this. Not a single bit. Because after that, everything changed.

We had started to hold hands. Nothing major I know, but the spark that would pass electrocuted me. And simple things, such as car rides to Walmart, meant the most. They were something I started to look forward to.

It was as simple as to a soul connection. Soul mates? No. Twin flames? Yes. It got to a point where I knew something was up by the tone of his voice. I would begin to worry if everything was ok for the simple fact that he wasn't his normal self like that.

And the "duh" question the whole time you are reading this is, well why don't you tell him. Why? Because when you have that connection that is as strong as it is, you can't rush it. They will know. It may take some time, but they will figure it out. Time is such a weird thing. If you rush it, it goes horribly wrong. If you wait, you may never know what possibilities could have been. I have messed with time before, and it turned out horribly wrong. Patience is key with something like this.

Once upon a time, I fell in love. It is such a strange peculiar feeling. It is such a strange situation. A situation I never wanted to be in, but here I am. In love with someone who is like my best friend, and I will do nothing about it. I will do nothing about it because losing him as a whole is way worse than losing him as a lover.