Why Having Brothers Who Are 10+ Years Older Is A 10/10

In our family, there is no such thing as “step-brother” or “step-sister.” We are brothers and sisters, we are family.

Having older brothers is truly the best thing I ever could’ve asked for.

Most kids are close in age to their siblings. What is different about my family is that my brothers are older than my sister and I by at least 10 years. Even though we aren’t close in age, it doesn’t change our relationship.

Luckily, I don’t just have one older brother. I have three.

Growing up with my older brothers has always been something I’ve been thankful for. Having them to grow up with definitely made my childhood more entertaining. There has been so many memories we have made. No matter how old I am, I will always remember them. Each one of my brothers has influenced my life and helped make me into the person I am today.

My brothers all have contributed to my life in different ways, and I am so thankful for them. They are all so amazing and successful and I’m lucky to have them to look up to.

My brother Trip has shown me many things. When I think of Trip, I think of a hard-working, dedicated businessman. As a teenager, he started his own business and has continued to succeed as he got older, now owning multiple businesses and real estate.

Something he has taught me is “work hard, play hard." He has always been a very hard-working man. You can tell when you meet him. He works hard for what he has and because of that, he is able to have the cool things that makes him the adventurous one. Something I have always wanted to do was go jet skiing; my brother Trip made that happen. Going jet skiing with my brother will be something I will always remember and I always smile when I look back at that memory with him. Being with him is always a fun time, and I know that if I want to have fun, I can definitely go spend time with my brother Trip.

Not only is he someone I can have fun with, but he is also a great role model for me. He has shown me that I can do anything I put my mind to and that I should never give up, hard work does pay off. He has always been there for me, and I couldn’t be more grateful for him. Trip, thank you for showing me that I should work hard and to never give up on my goals. I will always be thankful for you and the things you have taught me.

My brother Chad has also been a great role model for me. When I think of Chad, I think of a loving, family man. What I have learned from Chad is that family is the most important thing in life. I have always followed that, and I agree that family is extremely important. I will never forget some of the memories me and him have shared.

Chad and I used to go to dinner every week at our favorite Italian food restaurant, and it was always something I looked forward to. Chad has been someone I have looked up to. I definitely do take after Chad when it comes to being loving, caring, and also sensitive, which isn’t a bad thing! He also is extremely hard working and has taught me to never give up for what I want. I know he is always there if I need him and supports me in whatever I do. He truly is an amazing person and has shown me that family is so important. Chad, thank you for being a loving and supporting brother and showing me what is most important in life. I will always be grateful for you and what you have taught me.

My brother Brett has also been someone I’m glad I have to look up to. Ever since the day I was born, my family has always said I am so much like my brother Brett. He and I have so much in common and it’s great that we have each other. I know if I want another piercing or I want my first tattoo, he’s the one I go to. Brett is so fun to be with. I know whenever I am down and need someone to pick me back up, I can always call him and he will somehow manage to turn my frown upside down.

Brett is a marine, like my dad, so he has learned to never give up and he knows that no matter how hard things can get, you are strong enough to get through it. He has taught me the things that he has learned in his life, and is always there for great advice. He always assures me that I can get through the tough times, and has shown me that I AM strong enough to get through any challenges that might come my way. He has shown me that I can do anything I put my mind to. Brett, thank you for always being such an amazing brother and friend. I can’t thank you enough for all you have done for me.

Each one of my brothers has influenced my life in a positive way. They have all shown me how to work hard, love their family and to be a great person.

In our family, there is no such thing as “step-brother” or “step-sister." We are brothers and sisters, we are family. I appreciate everything my brothers have done for me and the things they have shown me as I have grown up. I am fortunate enough to have 3 supportive brothers!