Oh, Home Sweet College

Oh, Home Sweet College

To the campus that I've missed, but yet slightly dreaded coming back to

7
Oh, Home Sweet College
Happy Teacher Happy Kids

So, the end of break has come and gone and we are back where we started: A new year, new classes, new friends and a new semester at school. I don't know about you, but I dreaded getting up and out of bed on the first day of classes. For one thing it was cold, another thing was that I had enjoyed my month long vacation of doing nothing but working, sleeping in late and just being plan out lazy. Is it too late to rewind and start over?

In all seriousness though, I know how we get when we've had a break and have to immediately jump back into a routine. It sucks sometimes and you're just praying for the weekend to hurry up and get here just so you can have a mini break and slowly ease back into a routine that fits with this new schedule. I'm already counting down the days until Spring Break and summer vacation. I know that's bad, but I really want warmer weather and a nice break to go somewhere.

However, a part of me missed school and campus because while I can have really great food at home and hang out with my friends and drive a car around and have time to myself, I missed being able to sit on Ball Circle or sleeping in an actual comfortable bed. I know, who would have thought that your college dorm bed is more comfortable than the bed you have at home? Well, someone who's moved a couple of times and had to sleep in a different bed once or twice while moving. In all fairness though it's nice being somewhere where people don't really know you and where there are actual things to do. I'm from a retirement town where there is literally nothing to do for teenagers and college kids, because we have NOTHING!

At least at school I can walk downtown on the weekends and do something or I can grab one of my friends and we can drive/Uber over to the mall or somewhere just to get off of campus. I think though that's why most students enjoy going back to college; they're tired of the same old same old that they see when they're home. Being away at school allows them to go explore new places especially if it's a bigger town than where you grew up.

The only thing that I'm pretty sure we all dislike is the unpacking. I know I'm staring while I write this article at all the clothes that need to be put on hangers in my closet. And how do you end up coming back to school with more things than when you left for break? That is still a mystery to me and I've gone home a total of 5 times I think. Every time, I come back with more things.

I walked through the door to my room and it didn't feel like I had been gone that long and then I turned around and saw my friends and it didn't feel like a month had gone by since I last saw them. It was a little weird seeing a few of them, but then the others were no different. I was happy to see them and others that I haven't seen yet, I will soon.

Oh, College how I've missed you, but I did not miss the classes. It will be enjoyable to jump into the first couple weeks because we'll have to acclimate back to the schedule we had before we left. Mine for the most part didn't change, just the times I go to class on some days. So, am I ready for 4 days of classes and then the weekend and then 6 weeks until a break? You bet! Pray for me all. Classes may very well kill me this semester.

I'm ready to experience the second part of the college semester and see the change that I'll experience throughout the next 3 1/2 months. From bitter cold to spring showers and mild heat waves, I'm ready for a new chapter being written in 2017.

In all seriousness though, I'm glad to be back and ready to finish the second semester of my Freshman year strong. I did miss school, but that's just me. I know the joyous sound that all of us will be waking up to first thing in the morning is a blaring alarm clock and all we'll want to do is throw it to the floor, but don't. Trust me. Don't.