Taking Nude Pictures Has Boosted My Confidence

Taking Nudes Has Boosted My Confidence, And I'm (Body) POSITIVE It Will Help You Too

They always said a picture is worth a 1,000 words.

1878

I always was afraid to show my body, not because of what other people might think, but because I was afraid of what I would think. I knew that if I didn't like my body, then how could I ever feel confident about myself?

I know I'm not alone. I feel almost all women go through a stage in their life when they have unrealistic expectations for their bodies because society tells us what we should look like (can I get an amen?). We idolize women who have toned bodies and they aren't afraid to show it because we think that if we had what they had, we'd be just like them. Confident.

At the end of the day, no matter what body type you have, even if it is seen as #goals, we all have our insecurities. We all wish we had less of something and more of something else... Until I started doing something that I wish I would've done years ago.

Want to know my secret? Get naked and grab your phone.

No, not to take a photo so you can show Brad that you're feelin' yourself, but to take a photo of your body and admire it. Admire every bit of that photo and put it on a pedestal instead of tearing it down because girl... it is gold.

Letting it all hang out isn't as easy as it seems, but I'm a firm believer in practice makes perfect.

Allowing yourself to be bare lets you feel comfortable with your body and in your own skin. The more you value your body and see what you're working with, the more used to it you become, and the more used to it that you become, the more you fall in love with it.

So I know you're probably thinking that it's not that easy, and it isn't. Your body won't ever look exactly like someone else's and even if you're not satisfied with your weight, I guarantee it will open up a door for self-love and appreciation for what you do have. After all, your body is yours forever.

I have never felt more confident in myself and my body, and I owe it all to my nudes. Now I'm not passing these photos around like Halloween candy, my mom raised me right. Instead, I have them stored in a very secure photo app so I can have my own personal album and if Brad deserves it, I may just send one his way. Sorry, mom.

If you're not comfortable with full nudity just yet, then wear something sexy because you deserve to feel sexy. Try out a few different spots in your bedroom, work different poses, and experiment with different angles. Do whatever you feel is right, wait... screw that, do whatever makes you feel your best.

If you're really feeling it, I even go the whole nine yards and add a preset from Lightroom on the photo. Then save your favorite photos to your locked photo app and whenever you aren't feeling good about yourself or you just need a boost, look at those photos and know you're a hot piece of shit. You will never know until you try.

So take off your clothes and put on your favorite song because it's time for a photoshoot.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.