Now vs. Then: 5 Comparisons Of My Thoughts From Age 10 Until Now

I really haven't changed that much, if I'm being honest

4
me

I am definitely not the same person that I was ten years ago. In fact, I’m not even the same person that I was a year ago. But, it is surprising how much (or little) I have changed in the past decade (dang, I’m old). Listed down below are five topics that I think exemplify my journey from a bratty 10-year-old to a slightly less bratty 20-year-old.

1.What I want to be when I grow up:

10-year-old me: If I’m not an olympic swimmer, then I’m definitely going to be a famous author. Maybe I can be both!

Now: Employed.

2. What I want to eat:

10-year-old me: Mac N Cheese

Now: Mac N Cheese

3. Thoughts on school:

10-year-old me: WHEN AM I DONE?

Now: Please let me stay longer. I beg you please don’t send me out into the real world.

4. Thoughts on adults:

10-year-old me: Anybody over the age of 18 is an adult, right?

Now: lol I’m not an actual Adult™. I am the off-brand version of a real Adult™. I am the “Honey Nut Spins" to an actual Adult's™ “Cheerios”. Move along now, nothing to see here. There’s definitely not an Adult™ here.

5. Thoughts on marriage:

10-year-old me: Definitely not really early. Maybe when I’m like 25 or something.

Now: Nah.