There's nothing wrong with your relationship if you're spending the holidays apart

There's Nothing Wrong With Your Relationship, Even If You're Spending The Holidays Apart

You'll survive the season, don't worry.

6
Photo by freestocks.org on Unsplash

With the holidays fast approaching, romance and stress fill the air. The last couple months of the season are notorious for being extra cuddly and extra busy. Unfortunately, the two don't necessarily work best together.

People seem to think that just because you don't spend the holidays together as a couple, your relationship won't last. That couldn't be farther from the truth. Sure, it would be nice to spend the break with your significant other, but not being able to be with them doesn't mean you're doomed. It's not either of your faults for not living in the same city as each other.

Just because the two of you are unable to spend the holidays with each other doesn't mean that you both don't care about your relationship or take it seriously.

It's not a big red flag like everyone acts like it is.

It just means you're in college because college relationships are notorious for pairing couples who live nowhere near each other.

The holidays are a super busy time for almost everyone, whether you have a big family or a small family. Between shopping for gifts, catching up with family, decorating the tree, traveling, and overeating holiday meals, there's not a whole lot of time to just hang out.

It sucks that you won't be able to cuddle up next to the fire, kiss under the mistletoe, introduce them to your family members who you don't see except for the holidays, or open presents together. However, you can still mail them gifts, Facetime, text them, and send each other cheesy holiday cards. You can still show them love from a distance.

If you're wanting to spend holidays together in the future, it's important for each of you to plan out all of your family's festivities. By doing this, you'll be able to see if there's any way you'd be able to make the drive to see them, or vice versa. If there's not, it's not the end of the world.

Enjoy some time at home with your family while you have it. Your love for your S.O. is stronger than a measly month and a half away from each other. In no time, you'll be back to campus and snuggled up to them, making up for lost time.