Not Sorry for Being a Woman

I'm Not Sorry For Being A Sassy Woman

Ladies: never apologize for being who you are. Guys: take notes.

309
I'm Not Sorry For Being A Sassy Woman

I'm not sorry for eating a hamburger. I won't live off salads. I don't care if you think I took too much turkey at Thanksgiving dinner. Yes, I like french fries, and yes, I plan to eat them all. I might even eat another cookie for dessert. Chocolate cake is everything this world needs. I like it rich and extra chocolatey. Pack on the carbs!

I'm not sorry for not looking like Barbie. I don't think there's a single woman on this planet who naturally looks like a Barbie doll. I am not a toy and I refuse to be seen or treated as one. Society need to stop setting unrealistic standards. I don't expect you to look like Ken, so don't ask me to look like a plastic doll.

I'm not sorry for being overweight. Even if I look like a beluga whale, you - no matter who you are - have no right whatsoever to fat shame me or call me names. Beauty comes in every shape and color. Don't let anyone tell you that you are anything except gorgeous.

I'm not sorry for going naked. On my face I mean. I am not required to wear makeup on a date. There's nothing wrong with not covering my pimples when I go to class or work on a daily basis. Maybe I was in a rush that morning. Or just maybe I didn't feel like it. Some days, I'm too tired to take the time to put crap on my face to cover the zits. Oops.

I'm not sorry for wearing too much makeup. If I want to have a cake face that's my choice. Looks like this morning I had the desire to wear makeup. I'm feeling like a rockstar so I want to look like one too. Or maybe I'm going to prom and the makeup artist overdid it a bit. It doesn't matter. Some days I feel beautiful with sparkly eyelids and bright lips. Some days I don't. Never let any man decide when those days are.

I'm not sorry that I look better than you. Is my spotlight brighter than yours? Not my fault. If the first thing you feel when you see me is jealousy, that is not a problem with me. Your insecure feelings are for you to deal with and you alone. I will not change for your ego. I will continue to shine bright and I will not let a single dark cloud block out my beauty.

I'm not sorry for having hairy legs. Even in the summer, sometimes I'm just too lazy to shave. I don't care if I'm wearing shorts or if it's obvious. I don't even care if we're about to do the dirty. I do not have to conform to your standards. If you want something hairless to make love with, go screw a shark.

I'm not sorry for my tattoos or piercings. Why is it "sexy" when guys have tattoos everywhere but "trashy" when a girl has just a sleeve? I have six tattoos so far and have plans for an epic dragon sleeve. And I know on my wedding day I'm going to look amazing in my wedding dress no matter how many tattoos I have. Don't like them? Look away.

I'm not sorry for having a resting bitch face. There are days when my face just can't seem to stay smiling. I really am happy, I promise! My face is just not working properly. Don't mistake my angry expression for giving you attitude. When I'm very focused on something I tend to look like a bitch on steroids, but that is far from the truth. I'm just intently concentrating on the task at hand. So let's stop calling it a resting bitch face. That's vulgar and demeaning towards us ladies. Instead, let's call it a neutral expression.

I'm not sorry for not stepping out of your way. Ladies, next time you're walking down the sidewalk and see a man walking straight towards you, don't step out of his way. See how many men you run into. I swear there are so many boys out there who expect YOU to be the one to give THEM room. The best advice I've ever received to make people like this move out of your way with due haste: "walk like you've been sent to murder Captain America."

I'm not sorry if my straps show. Yes, I wear a bra. I wear it to so that when I'm walking up and down stairs my boobs don't feel like they're being yanked off. If you see my bra strap you have two options: you may kindly tell me that they're showing. A couple of ways to do this without saying a word include mimicking the action of tucking them in or pointing to your shoulders and mouthing "straps" or "bra." The other option is to ignore it. Seriously, if it's not a professional setting, why are you so concerned with whether or not my bra strap is showing? I don't go around telling you to pull your pants up and put on a belt.

I'm not sorry for wearing a strapless top in high school. Oh, are my bare shoulders causing all the boys in the room to get a hard-on? Um, ew. This is the message we send to girls when we tell them to cover up. That if women don't cover up they are setting themselves up to be raped. That's absolutely disgusting! We should be teaching boys to not sexualize women rather than teaching girls that they are seen as sexual objects. No woman should have to apologize for wearing a strapless top or crop top or any other kind of revealing top. As long as we follow the laws on indecent exposure there really shouldn't be an issue.

Tori Renovitchl

I'm not sorry for going out in public without a bra. If my bra wire is poking my side and causing me pain, you better bet I will take it off. I don't see a problem with going braless. "But I can see your nipples!" I teach swim lessons to children as young as 6 months old. Neither the parents nor the children have a problem have a problem seeing my nipples practically poking a hole through my swimsuit. Why do you have a problem with it?

I'm not sorry for having my period. You see, what happens is once a month I start bleeding from my vagina. This is because there is an angry werewolf inside me. I named mine Britney Spears. During the full moon, the werewolf begins to rip apart my organs in an effort to escape. It is quite a battle to keep her under control. And that is how the female menstrual cycle works.

I'm not sorry for being cranky during my period. Now that you know what is happening inside of me during my period, is it really that hard to believe that I'm not jumping for joy on the outside? I won't say, "it's not you, it's me." Because sometimes, it is you. Your normally adorable laughter sounds like nails on a chalkboard right now. And if you try to tickle me one more time, I might just let Britney Spears out.

I'm not sorry for keeping my last name. I like the sound of my name - the number of syllables and how it falls from the tongue. I don't want to go changing that just because I'm getting married. It doesn't mean I don't love you or that I love my last name more than you. It means I value my heritage and don't want to be forced to change my last name on all my legal documents. If it's such a big deal to my future husband, he can change his last name to mine.

I'm not sorry for never getting married. Marriage is a big commitment. When you get married you are dedicating your life to your spouse. You are vowing to stay by their side no matter how many flaws they may have and how much those flaws get right under your skin. I just don't find the idea of being with one person for the rest of my life appealing. "But you can always get a divorce!" they say. But why get married in the first place if you think you'll just get divorced later? I think I'll just sit on the side of this one and watch all my friends chain themselves to a man.

I'm not sorry for breastfeeding in public. What you see happening here is the natural and very healthy process of providing nutrients to my child. Did you know that breastfeeding actually has antibodies to prevent your newborn from getting sick? According to Science News, it is even thought that there is a link between the babies saliva and the type of antibodies produced in the mother's breast milk. So the next time you see a mother with a baby sucking on her tit, leave her alone. Don't make her go to the disgusting bathroom where there are all sorts of germs to make her baby sick. We are trying to prevent that.

I'm not sorry that I have no children. Don't pity me and/or my partner if we choose to adopt or to refrain from having children altogether. It was a conscience, well thought out decision on both of our parts (or maybe just mine because I'm single). If I never get married and never have children there is no blame to assert. It is not mine nor any man's fault for being too picky. It simply wasn't meant to be. Let me live my single life happy and childless. Besides, take a guess as to who will have more free time to pursue their passions….

I'm not sorry for not even wanting children. I sometimes feel like I'm living in the 1940s where women are still expected to be perfect little housewives, submissive to their husbands every whim. Women do not need to stay in the kitchen and are most certainly not required to want children. There are many doctors who won't sterilize an unmarried and/or childless woman. Why do I need a man's permission to get my tubes tied? I just don't want children.

I'm not sorry for being a dominant person. I can be bossy and stubborn. I have a bad habit of interrupting people and controlling conversations. I am not always the giving and loving person I aim to be. Though these traits may seem like vices, they have helped shape me into becoming the woman I am today. No matter what, I will always be proud of myself for how far I've come. There was a time when it didn't look like I'd graduate high school. I ended graduating a semester early and now have my own apartment. My success is due in part to my dominating personality. I always stand my ground and never let anyone tell me what I can or can't do in regards to my future. Call it what you want, I wouldn't be where I am today without my bossy side.

I'm not sorry for seeking a STEM field job. My best friend goes to a college known for its engineering school - something that has greatly appealed to her since she was in middle school. Women make up approximately a quarter of the population. Many of the females there have had to work extra hard to get to where they are. It's not from lack of trying either, it's the stereotype and stigma that we can't get there. Many women don't think we can or should try to aim that high. Ladies, we can do it and we will. We can do anything a man can in STEM fields.

I'm not sorry for being smarter than you. Don't be sad that I have a higher GPA. Be sad that you didn't work hard enough to get to where I am. The only reason my GPA is better than yours is because I worked my derriere off for it. Allow me to elucidate: by virtue of my endeavors for surpassing prosperity I have actualized my aspirations in a way that cannot be imitated by the ubiquitous person. Translation: get a dictionary and learn.

I'm not sorry for being stronger than you. In present times, women need to learn to be strong. So when we outmatch a man in a male-dominated sport, it's definitely seen as an accomplishment. For so long we have been seen as the weaker sex and that honestly needs to stop. Don't forget who bleeds about 2 tablespoons to half a cup of blood per month.

I'm not sorry for speaking my mind. I have a voice just like every other human on this earth and I am not afraid to use it. A lot of men and even some women may be surprised by some of the "radical" thoughts I have. But are they "radical" because they are different and new or because I had the guts to finally say them?

I'm not sorry for calling you out for sexually harassing/assaulting me. I didn't give you permission to touch me or do those things to me. What you did was inappropriate and inexcusable. You had no right whatsoever. It doesn't matter if I choose to say something 1 day later, 1 year later or 1 decade later, you must be held accountable for your actions.

I'm not sorry for withholding my consent. "I'm not ready. I don't feel comfortable. I'm drunk." No means no. Just because we're in a relationship doesn't mean you can do whatever you want to me. Don't try to push it either. No doesn't mean "convince me," it means "stop." Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

I'm not sorry for taking back my consent. Imagine this scene: we're both in bed mostly naked, kissing each other, maybe touching, then I say "I don't know if I'm okay with this anymore." What comes next? Does the other person guilt trip or manipulate or force the other into sex or do they stop? They should most definitely stop. It's perfectly acceptable if one person changes their mind just when things are getting steamy.

I'm not sorry for being sexual. There's a double standard surrounding one night stands. When a guy has a hookup, he's typically seen as "ladies man" and "cool." Girls, on the other hand, are "sluts" or "whores." Really? It's perfectly acceptable for a woman to be horny and to desire sex. Ladies, never feel ashamed for craving some sex. There is nothing wrong with that.

I'm not sorry for masturbating. As I previously stated, women get horny sometimes. And some single women choose to abstain from sex before marriage for a variety of reasons. Don't be sorry for pleasuring yourself to help with that goal. It can be seen as taboo for women to touch themselves because they aren't supposed to be as horny as men. Well, I'm here to say that we are and that is not a problem.

I'm not sorry for being a sassy woman. Girls, we need to start sticking up for ourselves. We need to end the drama between us and create a more unified image of feminism. This doesn't mean that we are superior to men. It means we are equals in every way. Until we get there, I will not apologize for standing up for what I believe in and showing a little sass along the way.