Not Impressed By Status Or Money

Not Impressed By Status Or Money

Instead show me how you treat your neighbor

68
Not Impressed By Status Or Money
Photo by Min An from Pexels

We live in a society where status means everything, and if you have money you are going to be seen as more important, as if the amount of money that is in your bank account is worth more than what is on the inside. And as cliché as it sounds, what is on the inside actually counts not the amount of money you hold or the title you are given. If you are a queen, president, teacher, plumber or even a custodian you should all be treated the same way, and not based on the title or the amount of money you are making. At least that is how it should be in an ideal world.

However, we live in a world where everyone seems to believe that status means so much more and in order to get a head in life you must only make friends with those who are consider high class. Reading this you might think that there certainly couldn't be anyone who actually lives their life this way, however, it is unfortunately true. Those who live life with this kind of mindset end up looking down on those who cannot help them get farther in life, believing that they are nothing but ants who are just marching to the beat of their own drum. Not only this but they will ultimately end up isolating themselves from actual good people who could've been perfect companions who would be by their side through the good and tough times, and end up surrounding themselves with the sharks who have ulterior motives.

This article in no way is saying that everyone in higher up positions looks down upon others who make less money than them, in fact, there are several well paid CEO's who actually give more opportunities to those in poverty stricken areas, giving them a chance at affordable healthcare, and pay that will be able to keep food on the table, a roof over their head, and not worry about living paycheck to paycheck. This article instead is pointing out that status means nothing. Which means you should not live life by stating that the value of a human is based on their title and the amount of money they have.

The value of a human is based on what is on the inside, their heart, soul, and mind.

Author John Grogan of Marley & Me stated, "A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine. A dog judges others not by their color or creed or class but by who they are inside. A dog doesn't care if you are rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his. It was really quite simple, and yet we humans, so much wiser and more sophisticated, have always had trouble figuring out what really counts and what does not."