You Have Time To Exercise, You Just Need To Make It A Priority
Wellbeing

We become so consumed with how busy we are that we seem to lose track of taking care of our bodies.

58
Jacob Postuma

We tell ourselves that we don't have time for exercise, whether that's because of a demanding work schedule or responsibilities at home. The "I don't have time" excuse is too easy, and so many of us use it. Behind that excuse, though, is a lack of prioritizing. If you know that you're going to be exhausted when you come home from work, making a quick workout part of your morning routine is the way to go.

Getting exercise done in the morning has numerous benefits. For one, you'll feel like you've already accomplished something before your workday has even begun. And all it takes is twenty minutes! The good feeling that you get from exercising will stay with you the rest of the day, too. We have so many hours in the day, but we still can't seem to get a twenty-minute workout in. When you start noticing how your spending your time, I guarantee you can find a time slot for that workout. To tackle the "I don't have time" problem, you need to make exercise a priority and a regular part of your daily routine.

Once I started seeing exercise as something that's part of my routine, it wasn't an option anymore. I stopped questioning whether I wanted to go for a run or not; I just did it. You don't ask yourself whether or not you should wash your face or brush your teeth in the morning, so why question exercise? It's too vital to question.

I've noticed that the days that I skip my morning exercise routine are significantly more stressful than the days where I get outside and get my body moving. The days that I want nothing more but to stay in bed, I remind myself of how much better I'll feel when I'm done exercising. After I've gotten outside in the sun, I feel way more prepared and energized for the day that lies ahead.

It's not great to run seven days a week with no rest, so on my off-days, I'll walk or do some yoga. I just always try to get outside, get some sun, and work my muscles. It makes all the difference in how the rest of my day will go. The key is to just keep your body moving.

Exercise is something that should be an obvious part of all of our lives, but we become so consumed with how busy we are that we seem to lose track of taking care of our bodies. Making exercise a top, undebatable priority is the best thing you can do for your health. Even short walks around your block, parking your car further than normal, and stretching can be a step in the right direction. It doesn't have to be a drastic change. Your body will thank you for getting outside and moving, even if it's just for a little bit. There won't be a day where you come home from exercising and regret it. Reminding yourself of the after-effects can push you to get out of bed and put on your workout clothes.