2018 Season Preview NFC Quarterbacks

2018 Season Preview: Analyzing NFC Quarterbacks

The fates of the NFC's teams will be determined by these QBs.

200

There is a hefty amount of talented quarterbacks in the NFC, much more so than in the AFC. The NFC has featured different teams at the top for nearly every season as of late, and it does not seem like that trend will stop for the 2018 NFL season.

From the consistently talented Aaron Rodgers and seemingly ageless Drew Brees to the up-and-coming young stars Carson Wentz and Jared Goff, the NFC's quarterbacks have plenty of parity to go around. Nobody can accurately predict who will emerge at the top during any given season because of the level of talent prevalent in the conference.

Here are the quarterbacks in the NFC for this season.

​Eli Manning, New York Giants​

The 37-year-old veteran Manning is clearly past his prime, but Giants head coach Pat Shurmur is convinced that he still has something left in the tank. Does he have one last hurrah in him?

Carson Wentz/Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagles

Wentz may not be fully healthy for Week 1, which may leave Foles to start in his place. Philadelphia started 11-2 with Wentz as their quarterback last year before he succumbed to a torn ACL, which left Foles to take his place. Foles led the Eagles to their first Super Bowl win in franchise history, but has struggled this preseason. It is currently unknown who will start for Philadelphia during Week 1.

Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys

Can Prescott return to his poised rookie form after a noticeable sophomore slump? Prescott's future in Dallas will depend on his execution this season.

Alex Smith, Washington Redskins

Acquired from the Kansas City Chiefs and coming off a solid season at 34 years old, Smith has a lot to prove with Washington this year, including his adaptability.

Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers

Arguably the most talented signal-caller in the NFL today, Rodgers seeks to lead the Packers back to the playoffs after suffering a broken collarbone last season.

Kirk Cousins, Minnesota Vikings

After signing a massive contract with Minnesota, the veteran Cousins looks to prove his worth with a cast of high-end talent across all offensive positions.

Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions

Lions head coach Matt Patricia looks to bring out the best in Stafford while the latter is in his prime. One of the better QBs in the NFC, Stafford carries Detroit the way Rodgers carries Green Bay and will be crucial to their success this season.

Mitchell Trubisky, Chicago Bears

With new offensive weapons and a new head coach, can the second-year Trubisky take the next step and lead Chicago back to prominence?

Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks

The elusive, resilient Wilson is currently in his prime, and the Seahawks will live and die by him this season.

Jimmy Garoppolo, San Francisco 49ers

Garoppolo led San Francisco to a complete turnaround and spearheaded a five-game winning streak to finish the 2017 season after they acquired him via trade with the New England Patriots. It is up to him to keep up the momentum heading into this year.

Sam Bradford/Josh Rosen, Arizona Cardinals

Bradford is a solid quarterback when healthy, but he has had trouble avoiding injuries throughout his career. A promising young talent in Rosen is waiting in the wings.

Jared Goff, Los Angeles Rams

With significant development from his rookie year and weapons all around him, Goff is set up to be nothing short of deadly if he gets everything to click like last season.

Jameis Winston, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Suspended for the first three games of the season, this is a do-or-die year for Winston, who has been remarkably inconsistent during his time in the league.

Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints

The future Hall-of-Famer is showing no signs of slowing down at age 39, and he is surrounded by a plethora of young talent that may increase his chances of returning to the Super Bowl.

Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers

The Panthers have given the dual-threat Newton more weapons to work with, and he looks to improve from an inconsistent showing in 2017.

Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons

Ryan is surrounded by elite talent and is a gifted quarterback in his own right. He is contractually locked in long-term with Atlanta and will need to take command of his stacked offense to be successful this year.