New Year, New Arms

New Year, New Arms

Simple and effective exercises to tone and strengthen your arms

53
Laura Stavisky

Welcome to 2017!

It's the beginning of January, i.e. the week that most people are still committed to their New Years resolutions. And many people have a resolution to get fit. At my gym where I work and train, the past week has been the busiest I have seen it. But, according to US News and World Report, 80% of people fail at their (health-oriented) resolutions. Don't let that be you!

Try out these quick and simple arm exercises that will help tone your upper body. They specifically focus on our biceps and triceps, two muscles located in your upper arms. I would recommend also incorporating chest and back exercises to tone the entirety of your upper body (video coming soon)!

No ladies, lifting weights or using these machines will not make you "bulky". If you want slimmer arms, you have to do exercise like these! If you want to gain strength for everyday activities (aka being able to carry more grocery bags so you only have to make one trip to the car), you have to do exercise like these!

The thumbnail photo is my arm transformation in just 3.5 months. These exercises are what I do as part of my upper body workout. But I understand that not everyone wants my size arms (and some may want larger too). These exercises are what I had been doing to help me get to my "before" picture, i.e. the top photo. My arms used to be flabby noodles. By beginning to lift, in mere months I got rid of the little wings I had grown over the years of not working out. Plus, building muscle throughout your entire body helps with fat burning. So by picking up some dumbbells once or twice a week, you're working towards toning your entire body, not just your arms.

Plan smart to smash your fitness goals for 2017. Create smaller, manageable interim goals. Find people, in real life or on social media, to help educate and support you. Stay creative and have fun- your physical health is something you have to work on your entire life. Don't dread the activities and choices you make to maintain it.

If you have any questions, or what help with your fitness plans for this year, please reach out! I'd be happy to help with your training. Lsher.fit@gmail.com @Lsher.fit