New Year, (Healthy) New Me

New Year, (Healthy) New Me

Me in 2017 wouldn't even be able to recognize Me from 2016.

12
New Year, (Healthy) New Me
Nutrition Realm

Every New Years, every single person in the universe posts a status on every social media platform stating, "New Year, New ME!", and creates goals for themselves such as eating healthy or losing weight. This year, I have decided to actually create a new me. Last year, I indulged in candy, sweets, and soda, while not caring about the state of my body. I enjoyed my favorite candies nearly every day and drank gallons of sugar with a little coffee added in. As the New Year came rolling in, I felt groggy and unhappy with myself because I had a latte with five turbo shots and three energy drinks in the span of twelve hours. That is when I decided that something had to change.

As my New Year's Resolution, I have decided to stop eating sugary foods, and I have decided to eat cleaner foods. I have given up my vegetarian life style to gain more protein and I am still struggling a lot with that change. I have been a vegetarian on and off for seven years, and this time I am really having trouble bouncing back into the herbivore diet. I promised myself that I would not drink any soda, and it has been almost a week and I feel so much healthier already, and I feel like I have much more energy.

This is going to be my year, and creating small reachable goals has helped me to feel healthier in just a week. The idea of the 'New Year, New Me' concept is to engage more into self love, and I believe this year, I am doing just that.