New Heart Resolution
Self Love

New Heart Resolution

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

90
New Heart Resolution
https://www.pexels.com/photo/scrabble-resolutions-3297/

Daenne's Journal Fam, I know it has been long overdue, but I am back!!!

With the New year, it's the common time for a lot of us to make our new year's resolution list which is not wrong at all. But, research has shown that 80% of new year's resolution are failed by February and only 8% people achieve their new year's resolution. If you are not part of the 8%, it is okay because I am right there with you.

With new year's resolutions, I often try to fix things from the outside which is why I always fail. There was an event that happened in my life recently where I should have been overjoyed and give God praise, but instead, I was being ungrateful and my heart was full of pride. I was convicted that what happened was not to blame for my reaction; my problem was a heart problem. For this year, I am going to reverse my game and work from the inside out for better results.

Instead of having a long list of things I want to be changed in my life, I will be focusing on my heart. Many of the things we want to see changed will never change until our heart is at the right place. Like Pastor Derek mentioned in a sermon on the last Sunday of the year, instead of being all hype and say I am going to go to the gym and lose weight, we should have the mindset that this is the body that God has given me and I will take care of it.

A lot of times we want to change so many things around us when what really need the change is us and what is inside of us. I want you to think about all your New Year's Resolution and test your heart because maybe your new year's resolutions should start with your heart. Instead of cutting so many people off every year, maybe you should start learning more about people before you let them in your life. Instead of setting so many big goals that you will not even start, maybe you should start smaller because success is not about getting to the finish line. Success is about every step you take. Now don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with having big dreams, but you have to work at it.

Daenne's Journal Fam, my New Year's Resolution is for God to create a pure heart in me and for my spirit to be renewed and steadfast (Psalm 51:10). I pray that this is your prayer as well.

Remember, if you live to see today, it means that yesterday was your day and today is yours as well, and if you live to see January 1st it means that 2018 was your year and 2019 is already your year. Stop saying 2018 was not your year just because your wish didn't come true. Your wish didn't come true because God didn't see fit to provide you with what you were asking for or He is just working on something better for you. Enjoy the little things in life while being faithful to our God and you will start seeing the beauty of life.

Happy New Year's Daenne's Journal Fam.

Xoxo,

DD