11 Tips To Help You Stick To Your New Year's Resolutions

The New Year is a way you can start fresh and began to start something new that will make you happy.
100

We made it through another year and it’s amazing how far we have come. The New Year is a way for us to be able to sit down and think about what could we do differently this year to make us better and happier. The hardest thing about making plans is sticking to them because let’s be real, life can sometimes change plans around. We get to the point where we say “I will do it next year.” Here are some tips on sticking to your New Year's resolutions!

1. Make a list.

Always make a list of what you will want to accomplish this year. Never think there are too many goals because it’s no such thing. Think about what would make you happier and want to do differently then write it down. Just know you don’t have to do all this now because the best thing about the new year is finding out new things about yourself.

2. Start small.

Everyone feels the need to have a big start because it’s the New Year and “New Year, New Me”. In order to be able to accomplish your goals, you have to take baby steps. Nothing is an easy walk in the park. Taking baby steps will make a lot of effort towards making your goals come to life.

3. Change your mindset.

To be able to accomplish your goals, you have to have a positive mindset. Having a negative mindset can cause you to fail at what you want to do and push you back to the point where you say, “I will just try again next year.” Work on being more positive and start small until you are able to think positive without even trying.

4. Think outside the box.

Yes, we all would love to things to go a certain way and the way we want them but that’s not life. When it comes to your goals and working on them, you have to think outside the box. Not everything will be A B C. Sometimes when it comes to accomplishing goals it may go C A B, or B C A.

5. Going out and explore.

Nothing is more helpful to accomplish what you want by going out and doing stuff you love. If you want to become a painter or be great at it, go to art class. Want to learn how to cook? Go to a cooking class.

6. Stop waiting for the perfect time.

We are all guilty of this. We always try to wait for a perfect time to do what we want. When we do that, we end up not doing it. The perfect time is now.

7. Work for it!

The most important thing to do when it comes to accomplishing goals is working hard for it. No one said it will be easy because life isn’t easy. If you truly want it, work for it.

8. Create a schedule.

There will be times when we become too busy to do anything especially our New Years resolution. Create a schedule to help me be able to do everything you need to do and also focus on your goals. This a great tip for people who wants to work out more this year.

9. Save money.

I know this tip can be hard because we do have responsibilities to handle. Grab a mason jar and put $5 every two weeks. Save a little at a time. Even save change because they can really add up.

10. Ask for support.

Talk to your family and friends about your goals then ask for support. We don’t have to accomplish all our goals alone. We all need to support.

11. Enjoy the moment.

There will be disappointments, setbacks, and frustration. It’s okay because it’s life and all that means that your goal will be worth accomplishing. Just enjoy the moment and be happy!

Hopefully these tips help someone be able to stick to their new year resolution. HAPPY 2018!