STOP SAYING 2017 WAS NOT YOUR YEAR JUST BECAUSE YOUR WISH DIDN'T COME TRUE

If you live to see today, it means that yesterday was your day and today is yours as well, and if you live to see January 1st it means that 2017 was your year and 2018 is already your year.

152
Daenne Dolce

When New Year’s is right around the corner, there is usually many scenarios going on without counting all the resolutions I see on my timeline, but there are two that captured my attention. The first one is: this year wasn’t my year this coming one will be. The second, this year was my year (because of maybe material accomplishments) and next year will be better.

What I have come to realize is that, every year is your year whether you consider it as yours or not. Let me tell you some of my 2017 experiences and my hope for 2018 to maybe help you realize that every year is indeed your year.

A lot has happened in 2017, but I am going to try to keep it short. I am very grateful that I am still here today; being able to even write this is a blessing. I always used to be grateful for a lot of the things but Hurricane Irma really made me think about little things that happen throughout the year as being my biggest blessings. To see my article Why You Should Be Grateful each day click here.

God has taken me far way away to mold me into the person I am today like I mentioned in some of my past articles. Throughout 2017, there were lots of tears, brokenness, and joy. I can sincerely say that there were more good days than bad days because my Lord was there through it all. In 2016 I was looking for a job; I never got one either because of my busy school schedule or for some other unknown reasons.

Then, at the beginning of 2017 someone referred me to my current job and this is one of the best thing that has happened to me (I will tell you more about it later). I also had a lot of academic accomplishments; after my first semester at FIU (Fall 2016), I got invited into lots of honor societies which were amazing.

I also started volunteering at Nicklaus Children's Hospital and I just love it there! I can’t wait to go back. I GOT INVITED TO GO ON EXCHANGE; everyone that is close to me knows how much I love to try new things, so they know that was the best news of my life. My person got engaged (somehow this is one of my accomplishments like Meredith would say). and of course I did the national student exchange program, to learn about my journey click here.

The best thing that happened to me in 2017 was me going on exchange which then led to me going to Converge (click here to read about my Converge experience), which then led to my repentance. A change of heart is the best thing that could ever happen to someone, it makes life seem clearer. Now, not everything became pink after my reconciliation with God, I had to fight many battles.

The first one was with my inner self; it took me some time to realize that my change of heart was really happening and I just had to let God work in me. Then I had to deal with my loved ones who did not fully understand my change of heart because I didn’t understand it myself to begin with.

So, I didn’t really know how to communicate everything properly, but after spending time in the word I learned that darkness cannot see the light and when anyone do not accept me it’s not me they are rejecting it’s the Father Himself. So, I completely stopped seeking acceptance, but never stopped to show love and compassion.

My hope for 2018 is to get closer to God and learn how to be a better disciple while fishing for His kingdom each and every day. My biggest hope is to see my loved ones getting closer to God, this would just warmth my heart forever.

Also, you probably know I am big on academics, so I am praying for career guidance for this year (No I am not changing my path, at least as of right now, I just need guidance). My hope list (used to call wish list) used to be so long, but now it is shorter and shorter because with God at the center of my life, I know I have it all even when I have nothing.

You see how I listed my accomplishments (even if I did mention my brokenness) , I just want to remind you that sometimes people on the media always post the amazing things that happen in their lives and you might feel like you are not where you want to be because you might be competing with a fake life without even knowing.

I want you to know that most people will only post what they want you to see, and their lives can be just as broken as yours. It is OKAY if you are not where you want to be, just keep working each day to get where you want to be with the help of the Lord. I am certainly not where I want be, but I AM NOT WHERE I USED TO BE and knowing this keep me going.

You have your own life, you are a unique human being with many unique qualities. So, build your own dreams and hope, chase your own happiness, stop comparing your life to others, stop wishing to have someone else life, stop talking about the thousand new year resolution you know you won’t accomplish, set smaller goals( while you still have your big ones) to go from there, be grateful each and everyday.

If you live to see today, it means that yesterday was your day and today is yours as well, and if you live to see January 1st it means that 2017 was your year and 2018 is already your year. Stop saying 2017 was not your year just because your wish didn't come true. Your wish didn't come true because God didn't see fit to provide you with what you were asking for or He is just working on something better for you. Enjoy the little things in life while being faithful to our God and you will start seeing the beauty of life.

Happy New Year Daenne’s Journal Fam!!!

Xoxo,

DD