A New Disease Called Entitledism aka Affluenza?

Affluenza or naw?

24
http://cdn.concreteplayground.com/content/uploads/2015/01/affluenza.jpg

Is it just me, or is this generation suffering from a new disease called Entitledism? My diagnosis is people believe that they do not have to work hard to receive what they want. For example, a few years ago there was a rich kid who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth (meaning that he was born into a rich family). In his parents' eyes, he could do no wrong, so much so that his parents bought him a mansion and had the nerve to live elsewhere in another residence.

One night this teen boy and a group of teenage degenerates decided that they would relieve a store of its liquor and become intoxicated, they continued to party until they were out of liquor and wanted some more while driving in an inebriated state. Then, he hit and killed some law-abiding people. In trial his defense was he was suffering from Affluenza, where this dude was rich and clearly entitled so much that he did not understand his devastating actions or care to.

When this story can out I was like, "What the hell2thenaw." I thought he just got off because he was rich and white, like if it was a person of color he would have been in jail for about 30 years starting the night of the accident, but then earlier this year he violated his probation. The police were about to arrest him so he and his mother fled to Mexico where he would not be apprehended

.

Recently there was another example in the headlines dealing with the U.S. swimming team in where they reported to the police that they were robbed but it was later determined that they were the ones wh�o the american media coined "unruly kids," even though these men were well over their teenage years. My point is that there is a common thread through this article, that maybe it's a contaminate in the water or it was in the baby milk or something.

Even my own kids have this ailment they believe that I owe them everything, I go broke almost every month paying for my bills and their bills, and they are constantly coming to my home with their hands out and I say, "Go ask your father," their reply is, "He ain't got no money he a bum sperm-donor that's his only contribution to my existence." My kids really never had to work for anything in their lives, but I hope that they seen my struggle and decide not to go down my path of just handing the next generation the keys to the castle without knowing how to maintain the maintenance of the building.