Navy Week 2018 Was A Definite Success

Navy Week 2018 Was A Definite Success

Ever wanted to become apart of something greater, but was not sure where to start?
70

The week of April 9, 2018, I had the wonderful opportunity to represent the Navy Delayed Entry Program by joining the Navy Sailors during Navy Week. When growing up I always wanted to be apart of something great so I can make an impact on lives. The Navy has turned into one of my many choices to achieve that goal. This last week, the Navy inspired not just myself, but numerous people in the Birmingham, Alabama area by hosting events in Alabama.

The events included performances by the Navy's Southeast Brass Quintet, as well as the Navy's Southereast Band. Additionally, numerous opportunities to watch the Navy Seal Leapfroggers jump into Railroad Park and Regions Field.

At Regions Field last Wednesday, the Navy's Southeast Band performed to start off the night in prep for the Baron's game honoring the Navy! You can see the Future Sailors together watching, as well as families watching in awe!

These videos I personally took at Regions field of the Navy Seal's Leapfroggers jumping from a height of over 40,000 feet out of an aircraft. You can see and hear the announcer discussing their tricks as well!

And he sticks the landing!

This was interesting, the Mayor of Birmingham even was offered the chance to join them on jumping over 40,000 feet in the air into Regions Field on Wednesday, April 11, 2018.

Plus, the first pitch of the night was delivered by a robot controlled by Navy EOD personnel.

To Conclude Navy Week 2018 in Birmingham, AL the Navy Blue Angels flew and performed stunts in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

My life has included bad choices and great ones. If I know anything, I am proud to say I am apart of the Navy Delayed Entry Program to one day be something greater-to be able to not only inspire others like they have me but to support and defend my country.

Unites States Navy:

FORGED BY THE SEA