Myths Debunked

11 Myths That Are Totally Busted

It's crazy to think people believe these are real.

177

Periods sync up

Actually, they don't. Why? All women are on a different cycle, which means one woman's cycle can be 24 days while another's can be 29 days. Eventually, the two women will have a period at the same time, but only for that month.

The toilet is the dirtiest part of your home

Ehhhhh, it's actually the cleanest because you think it's the dirtiest. Try cleaning the door handles, though.

Oil prevents pasta from sticking

c1.staticflickr.com

Incorrect. It actually just prevents the water from foaming or boiling over.

Bats are blind

Not so much. They can see perfectly fine, but at night, they use echolocation instead.

We have 5 senses

Actually, we have 20. Balance, pain, smell, taste, thirst, hunger... The list goes on and on.

Lightning never strikes the same place twice

It most certainly does and thinking this could get you killed.

Bananas grow on trees

c1.staticflickr.com

FALSE. The banana "tree" is actually the world's largest perennial herb and can grow up to 25 feet tall.

A bird will reject its baby if touched by a human

upload.wikimedia.org

Birds actually have a really poor sense of smell and can't even tell.

Dog mouths are cleaner than human mouths

upload.wikimedia.org

Considering dogs eat their own poop, I'm not quite sure why anyone would believe this...

Bulls hate the color red

c1.staticflickr.com

Bulls are actually color blind. They dislike the movement, not the color.

Sugar makes you hyper

Actually, no scientist has ever been able to prove this. While sugar isn't the greatest thing to eat, it doesn't make you hyper.