I Hate To See It, But My NHL Team Didn’t Make The Playoffs

Yes, I am frustrated, but now I'm counting down the days to October.

183

Maybe I should clarify, my TEAMS did not make the playoffs and I genuinely do not know what to do with my life at the moment if I am being honest with you.

I recently became a hockey fan, about like five years ago. Maybe I was bandwagoning or maybe I just got lucky, but I had been pretty fortunate of having at least one team I was an avid fan of from the beginning in the playoffs.

In case you don't know me at all, I avidly root for three teams.

Anaheim Ducks – They are my hometown team.

Vancouver Canucks – Hello, my favorite player plays there, and I have watched them live a lot more than I care to admit.

Arizona Coyotes – This is my new hometown team, so there is no second guessing it.

If you know anything about the NHL then you know this isn't the greatest bunch to have regardless, but I have been extremely fortunate as a Ducks fan to simply make it, while the other two have made me suffer as a fan quite a bit.

However, this season it was a complete turnaround of what I was used to. I remember joking around that Vancouver was going to make the playoffs and then when they were only a few points out, I genuinely was surprised. Or when the Ducks were on their losing streak and I decided to protest them for the rest of the season (trust me, it was a real thing I did).

Now, the Arizona Coyotes were basically my light at the end of this dark season. They were my last hope and I was ready for them to make it to the playoffs.

It didn't matter if they were to get swept or lose in the first round, all I wanted was for them to do good and have a well-deserved spot in the playoffs.

They were so close, yet so far when it came to game 81 and they were officially eliminated in something they had no control over.

Then came the emotional rollercoaster that contained me in the last game of the season. As I saw two of my teams finish up their season through my computer screen and seeing another one finish in person, I realized just how spoiled I was my first couple of seasons as a hockey fan.

Since I have faced my hard realities now with my teams "not being good," just know I'm already counting down for October and the new season.

But for now, let's get these playoffs going.