Top 10 Underrated NHL First Round Playoff Cuties

A countdown where Sidney Crosby is not No.1

113
Montana Peschler

Any hockey fan knows it is that time of the season again, playoffs baby. Perhaps the most exciting time in any sport, considering the chase for the Stanley Cup holds so much passion, hard work, and dedication. With 82 games played during the regular season, the Cup is one of the oldest and most mesmerizing championships to win. With the playoffs underway and another hard 8 weeks of work, the 16 starting teams not only have outstanding and talented players ready to hoist the Cup, but some are very skilled in the looks department as well. Without further ado, here is a countdown of the top plays of the week, actually I meant the countdown to the top 10 most underrated NHL first round playoff cuties.

10) T.J. Oshie- #77 Washington Capitals

Former member of the St. Louis Blues and hero from Team USA in 2014, Oshie had a successful first season with the Caps back in 2015 as he played on the top line with Ovechkin. Now the pressure is on in hopes of winning the Caps their first ever Stanley Cup.

9) Derick Brassard- #19 Pittsburg Penguins

With a recent trade deal, Brassard said goodbye to his former Senators to play with the high competing and most recent champs, the Pittsburg Penguins. He is no stranger to scoring, especially when he clenched a power-play goal in round one of game 3 against the Flyers.

8) Jonathan Quick- #32 Los Angeles Kings

American made goaltender and going up against a new top team, his last name usually matches his gameplay between the pipes. Although the Las Vegas Golden Knights swept the series, Quick is a two time Stanley Cup winner and knows what he is doing.

7) Adam McQuaid- #54 Boston Bruins

This 6'4" defenseman helped the B's out to a strong playoff start against the Toronto Maple Leafs with his penalty kills and tough physical side. Not to mention he already experienced hoisting the Stanley Cup in the 2010-11 season.

6) Roman Josi- #59 Nashville Predators

Captain and Swiss stud, Josi is a large contributor to the Predators. Not only is he racking up assists in the first round of playoffs against the Colorado Avalanche, but he is also not afraid to get down and dirty when blocking shots.

5) Zach Parise- #11 Minnesota Wild

Left wing, alternative captain, and father of twins, Parise puts a tremendous amount of work on and off the ice. Unfortunately, he fractured his sternum during game 3 against the Winnipeg Jets and has had several injuries in the past. The team and fans will suffer without him.

4) Nico Hischier- #13 New Jersey Devils

The highest drafted Swiss player and No. 1 NHL draft pick for the Devils in 2017, made history. This 19-year-old center has played a full NHL regular season with 20 goals and 32 assists, racking up 52 points. He is defiantly a player to keep an eye on during the playoffs.

3) Ryan Kesler- #17 Anaheim Ducks

Another USA native, Kesler is a 6'2" center who is no stranger to the Stanley Cup playoffs. The Ducks had an injury-filled season with a lot of questions raised but managed to snag second place in the Pacific Division during the end of the regular season.

2) Adam Henrique- #14 Anaheim Ducks

"Henrique It's Over!" This NJ Devil at heart made news when he was traded to the Ducks for defenseman Sami Vatanen back in late November. A hero for NJ during the 2012 playoffs when he scored with just 1 minute and three seconds into overtime during game 7 and sent the Devils to the Stanley Cup Final against the Kings. There is no doubt that he will be a huge contributor for the Ducks (and the ladies) during the playoffs.

1) Miles Wood- #44 New Jersey Devils

No, not James Franco, but a speedy and physical left wing that plays with a lot of heart. This kid's got one great personality and followed in his dad's footsteps by playing in the NHL. At age 22, Wood is known for sticking up for his teammates and always being competitive.