My Honest Advice

My Honest Advice

You have to learn to break the world that has tried to break you.

20
My Honest Advice
Cheyenne Colson

If I didn't write, I'd have to find another way of crying, another way of bleeding; it would be messier and it wouldn't be half as satisfying. We all go through our own versions of life, these are some of the things I've learned in mine:

If you want to kill yourself, kill what you don't like. I had an old self that I killed. You can kill yourself too, but that doesn't mean you have to stop living.

Whoever told you life was easy, they were lying to you. It will bring you to your knees more than once, it will break you so hard you'll think you can't get up. You will.

Death is the worst poison life with make you swallow, and there isn't a cure for you while you're on earth. Life simply does not get easier, you just get stronger.

We wait with eager hearts and open minds behind closed doors for something greater than our imagination.

Soulmate is not the one we end up with.. not really. They are forever even when they are not with us.

For the better or for the worse every person you cross paths with, will change you.

We worry so much about people around us. Friends, family, colleagues, and spouses. So much that we often forget to worry about ourselves and our own happiness. Dedicate everything to yourself first, then others. You're allowed to be a little selfish.

People don't have to be dead to haunt you.

Imagine what we could be if we stopped carrying the remains of who we were.

Among life's cruelest truths is this one: Wonderful things are especially wonderful the first time they happen, but their wonderfulness wanes with repetition.

I see it all perfectly, if you've been put in enough situations you'll learn the trick of it all. There are two possible situations- one can either do this or that. My honest opinion is this: do it or do not do it- you will regret both.

Some people are just born with tragedy in their blood, it runs through your family.

Often, it's not about becoming a new person, but becoming the person you were meant to be, and already are, but don't know how to be.

And that is how change happens. One gesture. One person. One moment at a time.

Your miseries will lead you to great discoveries.

Once you've taken a few punches and realized you're not made of glass, you don't feel alive unless you're pushing yourself as far as you can go.

The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose, it will defend itself.

You make people your home and they light it up I such a way that you end up homeless. Your flame is inside you, stop destroying yourself.

It's always nice being wanted. Even if it's by the wrong person.

You can never replace anyone because everyone is made up of such beautiful specific details.

I think you won't get through it, you will. You'll learn to love the place somebody left behind for you.

Sometimes you need to be somewhere different, sometimes you need to be someone different too.

You can lie to everyone around you but you cant lie to that hole inside of you.

Life changes fast. Life changes in the instant. You sit down to dinner and life as you knew it ends.

In one lifetime you will love many times, but one love will burn inside of you forever.

You're under no obligation to be the same person you were five minutes ago.

Religion isn't a mask, you're allowed to let the pain and darkness swallow you whole as long as you find your way back out of it.

We find art in those who are most broken by life.

You will die several times switching between the life you want to live and the life you are actually living.

Most people carry their pain around with them their whole lives until they kill the pain by other means, or until it kills them. But you must another way. A way to use the pain. To burn it as fuel, for light and warmth. You have to learn to break the world that has tried to break you.

Take my advice friend, for I wish someone had told me.